About the course
More and more, managers and leaders are required to work cross-organisationally and cross-culturally, and it’s not always easy. Communicating and negotiating in a global business context means considering a range of factors, including cultural diversity, time and budget constraints, and differing personalities and agendas.
Influential leaders communicate and negotiate with self-awareness. They understand their influential self – their emotional style, how to self-regulate their emotions, and how to integrate their own emotions and behaviours when they negotiate. Successful negotiators are aware of their own negotiation style, and use this to plan and prepare negotiations, or to adapt their behaviours to suit a changing negotiation dynamic.
Optimising Influence in Negotiation focuses on recognising and developing your individual negotiation style by considering your physiological and emotional responses. During the course, you will gain insights into the value of understanding other people’s behaviour styles and learn how to leverage their strengths and capitalise on their weaknesses. You will also learn how to plan and prepare a logical and structured approach to negotiation.
What you will learn
The key objective of this course is to provide you with a unique set of negotiation skills, which will enable you to be an effective influencer in your workplace.
- Planning for negotiations – gather evidence, identify strengths, and develop persuasive messaging
- Understanding your personal negotiation style, your values and key motivators
- Communicating effectively with different personalities and develop team interaction styles
- Controling your physiological responses when negotiating, particularly when under pressure (self-imposed or contextual)
- Regulating emotions, including dealing with frustration and roadblocks, and remaining calm during challenging negotiations (including de-escalation tactics)
- Identifying hindrances to trust building and understand the key facilitators of building rapport.
Peter is a specialist in business psychology and process facilitation. He is the owner of ECue, a boutique executive coaching, leadership, and team performance consultancy. Prior to becoming a management consultant, Peter held roles in finance, marketing and sales, and manufacturing at Coca Cola ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.