Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
- Professionals and managers with management responsibilities in operations
- Operations managers in manufacturing or logistic companies
- Service or quality managers
- Business and process managers and professionals
- Project leaders responsible for designing and implementing change projects
About the course
Maximise customer value while reducing operational costs
This programme will teach you the essentials of operational excellence, how to effectively use (lean) tools and methodologies to create value for your organisation, how to deal with variability and, last but not least, how to handle change management.
Why This Programme?
The added value of "Operational Excellence" for you and your company
From understanding to applying and evaluating the essential tools of lean management - push versus pull, wastes in processes, just-in-time, 6Sigma, PDCA... Solving process inefficiencies with process mapping, bottleneck, muda, variability and critical path Valuing an improvement – linking operational with financial metrics - and validating them Analysing what to improve and applying the improvement Determining what is needed to lead the change process in your organisation Focusing on what really matters for you customers
The programme 'Operational Excellence' consists of two modules, each touching upon crucial aspects of Operational Excellence:
Module 1: Operational Excellence by reducing waste
- Strategic importance of Operational Excellence
- Mapping the value stream
- Lean thinking and lean toolbox
- Lean maturity
- Company visit: putting theory into practice
Module 2: Targeting improvement and variability reduction
- Operational performance measurement - Linking operational with financial KPI's
- Flow time and capacity analysis
- Managing variability: impact on capacity and service
- Quality management
Module 3: Managing the journey towards Operational Excellence
- How to manage the change in your organisation?
- Gain an overview of actions to take to set up a change project in your organisation
Optional: Lean Competency Accreditation
- An optional exam will allow participants to obtain the certificate ‘Lean Competency’, an international accreditation by the Lean Enterprise Research Centre of Cardiff University
- A written closed-book exam that assesses your knowledge of the concepts, methods and tools that were presented in the lessons.
- An oral defense and discussion with Vlerick professors regarding an ‘Operational Excellence’ project that was developed by the participant.
Ann advises you on the supply chain that best fits your strategy and your products. Ann Vereecke is Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Vlerick Business School and Ghent University. She is Partner and Faculty Dean of Vlerick Business School. She graduated as an engineer at Ghen...
Improving your Operations and Supply Chain Management to achieve superior bottom-line performance. Robert Boute is Professor Operations Management at Vlerick Business School. He teaches operations and supply chain management in the degree programs at Vlerick (both full time and executive MBA). F...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.