About the course
Taught by a respected project finance and international oil and gas expert, the training commences with an industry overview and teaching/group work on qualitative and quantitative risk analysis. This is designed to ensure that all participants have a good working understanding of the:
- Basic structure of the international petroleum industry
- Qualitative risk “template” applied by lenders – what risks are “bankable”
- Different risk/reward objectives of sponsors and lenders
- Ratios and other tools used to determine loan values and balance equity and debt
You will then progress to a study of the project financing challenges in the separate branches of the industry, in particular:
- Upstream field development – single assets and borrowing bases
- Refineries – both greenfield and upgrades
- Oil and gas transportation pipelines and gas gathering systems
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) liquefaction and regasification
- Petrochemical plants
- Gas storage
How You Will Learn
The emphasis is on applying all that you learn. Recognise how structures have changed over time and know where and why structures have not worked.
Two major case studies will be used – one in the upstream sector and one in the downstream – to reinforce the principles taught on the course and to allow projects to be examined with greater granularity.
- Industry Overview/Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Understanding Upstream Oil and Gas Financing
- Getting to Grips with Refinery Finance
- Oil and Gas Transmission and Distribution Lending
- Liquefied Natural Gas Finance
- Other Downstream Finance – Petchem and Gas-to-Liquids
Experienced Project Finance / Oil & Gas banker now working as an independent consultant providing Project Finance Advisory services to corporates and banks; delivering Project Finance training courses; and actively seeking Non-Executive Director roles. Currently working as a Natural Resource...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.