Who should attend
- Mid-to Senior-Level Sales/Executives in Business Development looking to grow in their role, impact business while maximising opportunities and rewards for themselves.
- Mid-Level Functional Managers seeking to drive cross-functional teams toward a common company goal.
- Consultants who want to deliver impact by convincing a tough audience.
- C-suite/Directors aiming to influence action, negotiate the best deals with partners, vendors, and regulators, and convince top talent to join the team.
About the course
Most people do not realise the amount of time spent in the process of negotiation. It’s not just about business deals and contracts. We are negotiating our way through each day from home to work and back home again. And by learning to claim power while also understanding others, you can be more successful at it.
This programme in partnership with Emeritus offers a unique approach to negotiation. Through a blend of videos, role plays, and exercises, you will learn to empathise with and influence your counterparts, and ideate innovative solutions. You will explore negotiation methods and practices that enhance your creative thinking and contextual analysis capabilities, ultimately improving your ability to negotiate in virtually any situation.
- Develop culture-sensitive solutions for negotiation
- Adapt tactics and strategies for every stage of negotiation
- Analyse how negotiation can be used effectively in multiple settings and situations
- Gain power and wield influence through successful negotiations in your professional and personal life
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Through recorded video lectures with faculty, challenging exercises and assignments and real-world-case studies, you will develop a combination of critical thinking and behavioural skills to ensure negotiations success. Topics include:
- Module 1: Why Negotiate
- Module 2: Gain Power
- Module 3: Understand the Other
- Module 4: Learn to Influence
- Module 5: Carry Out a Negotiation
- Module 6: Bring Home the Deal
Francesco Mancini is Associate Dean (Career Services and Student Life) and Visiting Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, as well as an Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SI...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.