Mergers & Acquisitions
Making M&A Work
Have you or your organisation been presented with an acquisition or divestment opportunity? Are you preparing for potential growth or consolidation in the near future? You may be aware that merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions have a mixed track record, with many failing to deliver expected benefits, and some even leading to significant loss of value. And unless you are part of a very large organisation, you may have limited M&A experience and expertise within your leadership team.
This programme will help you and your team members develop a clear understanding of the underlying issues, strategic choices and ingredients necessary for ultimate M&A success. The programme takes you through an entire M&A lifecycle, beginning from crafting a growth strategy and target screening, to performing due diligence, and finally closing a deal. You will also learn to construct a strategic roadmap that will help you overcome the hurdles of post-deal integration and enable your organisation to realise the M&A deal's full potential.
Although no prior experience in M&A is required, participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of accounting and finance – i.e. balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. The first day of the programme is an accounting and finance refresher, which can be opted out of depending on your profile and needs.
- Evaluating your business portfolio and identifying targets for acquisition or consolidation
- Clarifying the strategic promise of the combined or restructured entity
- Understanding valuation and due diligence issues
- Managing the deal, deal structure, contractual terms, and pre and post-deal risk allocation
- Making it work: 100 days and beyond
- Understand underlying M&A issues and strategic choices
- Learn M&A best practices and avoid pitfalls
- Manage the deal and deal players
- Learn to formulate pre and post-deal strategic roadmaps
Who should attend
Leaders and executives who have responsibility for, or who are involved in identifying, planning and/or executing M&A, including:
- Senior management
- Business development directors
- M&A team members in strategic planning, finance, legal or human resources