Managing the Diversity in Work and Multicultural Awareness
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This workshop provides participants with insights, knowledge and practical strategies to sensitively manage the issues and challenges associated with leading a culturally diverse team. Managers will understand how cultural diversity impacts on human behaviour and learn effective strategies to negotiate and deal with the competing challenges arising between staff from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Participants will gain understanding and knowledge of what creates their cultural lens.
- They learn why men and women communicate differently, what drives the communication style of other cultures, how to resolve conflict and how to maximize the benefits of a diverse workplace.
- Everyone leaves the session with a better awareness of their own personal values and how their past has created their current perceptions, behaviors and communication style. They develop new understandings for their own personal growth.
The Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
- Understanding Diversity Management
- Diversity Management: The Big Picture
- The Industry Environment: Cultural Diversity and Business Challenges
- The Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
- Stages of Diversity Management
- Developing Your Own Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
Cross Cultural Communication
- Understanding Culture and Cultural Diversity in Australia
- The 4 Basic Elements of Cross Cultural Communication
Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Competencies for Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Skills for Building Trust and Communication
Factoring Cultural Diversity into Business Planning
- An Integrated Framework for Diversity Management
- Diversity Analysis Checklist Exercise: Project Analysis
- Developing a Cultural Diversity Management Action Plan
Cultural Diversity Management Resources and Support
- Introduction, Resource and Support
- Glossary of Key Terms
- Review and Evaluation
Managing Cultural Diversity Training Facilitation Guide
- Introduction to the Facilitation Guide
- Introduction to Cultural Diversity Management Training
- Training Workshop Preparation Guide
- Training Workshop Facilitation Guide
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Managers, team leaders and supervisors.