Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for organization leadership, functional managers with employees assigned to a project team, team leaders and team members, project managers and all professionals seeking to improve their project management skills and knowledge.
About the course
Nowadays, almost all kinds of organizations are required to undertake projects for various purposes. Due to constraints of resources, projects must be managed in a proper way to achieve expected outcomes. Without thoughtful planning, execution and monitoring of efforts, organizations will lose business to those that effectively manage their projects. In this regard, project management emerges as one of the key determinants of the performance of organizations.
Organizations are turning to project management to help them plan and control their businesses. As a result, project management is recognized as one of the fastest growing professions today. This course provides you with a framework and tools & techniques needed to successfully deliver your projects on time, on budget meeting quality and needed requirements.
“Strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, operations keep the lights on, but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward.”
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the role and importance of project management in an organization
- Identify projects that support organizational goals and strategy
- Apply project management methods in the work place
- Understand the dynamics of the project environment, including life cycles, stakeholders, cultural and organizational influences
- Get familiar with the different tools and techniques that can be used to deliver projects successfully
- Get familiar with the common language and terminology used in project management worldwide
Project Management Framework & Introduction
- Introduction to Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Introduction to the (PMBOK® Guide)
- Project Management Context
- Areas of Expertise needed by the Project Team
- Role of the Project Manager
- Project Life Cycle
- Organizational Cultures and Structures
- Organizational Project Management
- Project Management Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- Project Integration Management
- Project Initiation
- Business Case
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resources Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.