Managing Talent for Competitive Advantage
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Bath School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Talent and skill shortages are proving to be a major threat to sustainable growth, yet research shows that UK businesses still need to put the issue of talent planning and development higher up the agenda. Sourcing new talent is becoming increasingly costly and existing staff are not always effectively used, managed or challenged.
This programme focuses on how to manage talent for competitive advantage and will help you to:
- develop strategies that will help you source, retain and manage your talent
- ensure your business strategies focus on your future talent needs
- create value through talent management
- develop new approaches to the problems of talent management
Using practical tools and frameworks, and drawing upon critical insights from leading international research, you will work with like-minded professionals to develop new ways to address these challenges. Work on live projects, receive feedback and the opportunity to scope and plan project work.
What does the course cover?
- The strategic case for talent: context, global trends, a talent management framework
- HR Performance Model: connection between HR practices and organisational performance
- Energising talent: motivation concepts, myths, application
- How is talent changing: inter-generational working
- Employer brand: exploring implications for talent management
- Case study: International case study of an organisation's talent dilemma
- Identifying potential: defining and measuring potential, opportunity and risk
- Leadership development that works: development in a context of uncertainty and complexity
- Innovate to stay ahead: new practices for old issues, questioning assumptions
- Agents for change: individual action planning on live issues, peer review
How will I benefit?
You will have the opportunity to:
- deepen your understanding of talent management
- share experience of good practice with senior practitioners, leading academics and other participants
- enable critical thinking to create ‘best fit’ solutions for global and local contexts for your own organisation
- explore the behaviour required to become an influential agent of change
How will my organisation benefit?
This programme enables you to explore practices beyond your own organisation and find out how these practices can be adapted to your own needs.
You will carry out a project based on your own organisation, applying the learning from the programme and from other participants. This provides invaluable direct help to your organisation and its talent management programmes.
Who should attend
Organisational leaders, line managers and HR specialists seeking to formulate and strengthen their talent development and retention strategies.