Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, technicians, scientists, managers, transportation managers, and anyone involved in industrial shipping and waste management. Participants are encouraged to bring questions and problems which can be discussed and problems which can be solved.
About the course
This course will discuss the management, treatment and disposal of industrial wastewater, industrial wastes and hazardous wastes.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Obtain and apply knowledge on managing of industrial wastewater and solid waste
- Evaluate the impacts of industrial wastewater discharges
- Make recommendations regarding those discharges
- Determine the difference and disposal options for various types of industrial wastes and hazardous wastes
- Definitions of Industrial Waste, Industrial Wastewater, and Hazardous Wastes
- Industrial Wastewater – What’s in it
- Measurement of Impacts & Flows
- Flowmetering, discharges & error analysis
- Quantities, strengths, characteristics by industry
- Environmental Consequences of wastewater discharges: The consequences of discharges
- Toxic Characteristics
- Treatment Techniques
- Solids Removal
- Clarification & Sedimentation & Precipitation
- Filtration and Membrane Filtration
- Aeration, Flotation, and Stripping
- Metals, Oils, and Organic Contaminants
- Biological Wastes & Waste Treatment
- Importance of Disinfection
- Oily Wastes
- Spills & their treatment
- Examples of Environmental Problems with waste disposals
- Disposal of residues- are they hazardous wastes?
- Protecting our waters
- Protecting our groundwaters
- What is a waste?
- Difference between Hazardous Wastes and Non-Hazardous Wastes
- How to screen for a Hazardous Waste
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- What is a Hazardous Waste US & EU definitions Harmonized Definitions
- Toxicity, Flammability, Corrosivity, Ignitability, Reactivity, Radioactivity
- Transportation Requirements for Hazardous Wastes
- Storage Requirements for Hazardous Wastes
- Treatment and Disposal Techniques
- Landfilling, Design & description
- Landspreading Design and Practice
- Incineration & Thermal Systems Facility Considerations
- Encapsulation Techniques and Facilities & Practice
- Chemical Destruction & Facilities & Reactive Wastes
- Explosive wastes & their disposal
- Radioactive Waste Materials
- Ground and Groundwater Considerations for Protection
- Groundwater Movement and Contaminants
- Exploration Techniques
- Permit Requirements and Prohibitions
- Planning and Emergency Response Operations
- Cleanup after an incident
- The rule of six P’s
- Non- Hazardous Wastes Definitions
- What is a solid waste?
- Can a liquid be a solid waste?
- Safety requirements
- Recycling possibilities
- Waste Facility Design
- Permitting, Location, and Environmental Considerations
- Landfill design & Landfill Operation
- Recap of Materials in this course
- Post Test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.