Who should attend
This programme is ideal for new managers, managers seeking development, and prospective managers, whether you’re in the commercial, corporate, start-up, non-profit, or government sector – or anywhere else.
About the course
Make the powerful personal and professional transition needed to evolve from managing yourself to effectively managing others – especially in times of volatility, uncertainty and change
This action-orientated, experiential and practical course is ideal for new managers, managers wanting to optimise their performance, and prospective managers. It gives you the unique opportunity to see how subordinates and superiors see you and your performance, and to get feedback. You will learn from your peers, coach and accountability partner; craft your own Personal Development Plan and leadership style; and develop the skills required to execute the responsibilities of a first-line management position in a complex and unpredictable business environment.
This course is part of number of select programmes which include the offer of access to Linkedin Learning – online learning video courses. Access will be made available on the first day of the GIBS programme and extends two months from the date of completion of the course.
Key focus areas:
Head: Passion for the process:
- Understand the strategic context in which your organisation operates;
- Strengthen your ability to understand and execute strategy; and
- Make effective decisions and solve complex problems
Heart: Passion for people:
- Develop emotional astuteness;
- Explore your emotional and workplace resilience;
- Understand the role of your personal values; and
- Explore the role of your leadership style.
Hands: Passion for performance:
- Experiment with improving processes;
- Ignite outstanding team performance; and
- Explore team development and the success factors of high-performing teams.
How you will benefit
- Meet all of the expectations of first-line managers in times of uncertainty;
- Recognise deepened self-awareness and self-insight, gained through feedback;
- Call on a personalised toolkit derived from best and common practice;
- Use your Personal Development Plan to meet the demands of excellence;
- Identify your own strengths and areas for development and;
- Leverage a greatly enhanced professional network.
Profile Lanier is a business consultant, facilitator and “success” coach. He has over 22 years of consulting and management development experience in South Africa. Lanier’s corporate and entrepreneurial experiences provide him with a broad and comprehensive foundation for understanding business ...
Profile Monique has consulted extensively within the fields of transformation and organisational behaviour and has worked across industries, nationally and internationally, to assist individuals and organisations to meet strategic and operational needs. She is the founder and managing director ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.