Managing Critical Relationships
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Duke Corporate Education .Full disclaimer.
Managing Critical Relationships provides you with the skills and tools necessary to master the intricacies of relationship management in the contemporary work context.
It begins with understanding the implications for those teams and individuals that cooperate and those that don’t.
You will practice using tools and concepts necessary to conduct successful negotiations in high-stress environments by exploring options, changing the frame and pushing thinking to uncover true “win-win” solutions.
- Determine stakeholders’ level of support and their most important issues with an eye toward creating an engagement plan customised to each of their needs.
- Identify your primary and secondary communication styles and learn how to use conversational cues to better gauge others’ styles.
- Avoid useless confrontations and employ a robust model for managing opposing ideas.
Certificate in Critical Communication Skills
Extensive interactive individual and group exercises ensure your mastery of all seven essential communication modules:
Effective communication strategies: best practices; your communication style in action: adapting your technique; interpersonal success skills; communicating up, down and across your organization; presenting information vividly; managing difficult conversations; and business storytelling techniques. Benefit from expert guest speakers throughout the program.
You’ll develop vital professional strategies to communicate effectively with senior leadership, managers, clients and frontline staff. Learn how to find, nurture and deliver the stories that get people working together, facilitate sharing of knowledge and engage your listeners. Apply your new expertise in real time toward current work challenges.
Certificate in Critical Communication Skills for Emerging Leaders
Effective Communication Strategies: Best Practices
- Apply behaviours and techniques that exude self-confidence and esteem to improve your professional image and interactions with others
- Practice and facilitate effective listening and communication
- Communicate confidently with professionals from other cultures
Effective Communication Strategies: Techniques
- Master the keys to excellent communication: observe, listen, analyze, plan, communicate
- Identify your own personal needs and customize your message to ensure you get what you need from the communication
Assert yourself: Communicating Up, Down and Across your Organization & with all your Clients
- Structure messages to enable others to engage in the communication and take appropriate action
- Create mutually beneficial work relationships based on clear expectations and deliverables
- Manage emotions during conversations to stay focused on the content of the discussion
Critical Conversations – In Action
- Use specific communication techniques to demonstrate understanding and interest
- Body language cues and how to leverage relationships for mutual understanding and results
- Assess and adapt messages to others’ communication and learning style preferences
Resolving & Managing Conflict with Grace
- Communicate skillfully with managers, employees, and customers in any situation
- Take responsibility for communicating new ideas and innovations
- Build a professional image with self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-concept
- Break down barriers between team cooperation and organizational effectiveness
Effective Meeting Management
- Professionally lead your meetings using 9 team facilitation techniques
- Organize productive sessions that are welcomed by staff
- Set clear outcomes with pre-meeting and post-meeting action items
- Quickly diffuse conflict and in-fighting that can derail a great meeting
- Keep your group engaged using a variety of meeting types and styles
Business Story Telling
- Uncover your stories: create business meanings and your repertoire
- Use a variety of question types to explore the opinions and insights of others
- Persuade others with emotionally-charged stories
- Create and deliver polished business stories for you to use throughout your career
- Listen more effectively through improved empathetic thinking
- Developing your personal story: Who am I? Why am I here? What’s my vision?
Who should attend
This program benefits professionals who are interested in developing a complete and comprehensive business communication skill set.