Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Thunderbird School of Global Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Conflict is multi-cultural. A Global Mindset will help your team stay on track
Competing demands and organizational stress mean that conflict is inevitable in the workplace. How you respond is important, particularly in a global organization. This online course from Thunderbird teaches you to manage communication and conflict by understanding the cultural wants, needs and expectations of others so you can adjust your style and techniques to most effectively confront and overcome conflict. In this course you will:
- Understand how the attributes of a “global mindset” affect global negotiation and conflict management by identifying different frameworks of conflict styles.
- Learn the tools necessary for evaluating and managing conflict and divergent needs in negotiation.
- Recognize effective, ineffective, and key psychological behaviors that impact multicultural negotiations.
- Identify and understand the implications of cultural orientations when choosing an alternative dispute resolution.
- Utilize mediation to identify social dimensions and problem-solving skills to achieve a win-win settlement.
- Introduction to Global Mindset Attributes and Conflict Management
- Framework for Conflict Styles
- Negotiation as Conflict Management
- Embracing Tension in Conflict Management
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Breakthrough Strategy with a Global Mindset
- Mediation as a Participant
- Mediation as a Mediator