Who should attend
- Brand managers in FMCGs and services
- Relationship managers, marketing managers and market research managers
- Business development managers
- Product or brand managers
- Regional Sales Managers
- Customer Relationship/Key Account Managers.
- Industry : FMCG, Telecommunications, Banking, Retail
About the course
Managing and leading the sales force has become a major challenge as Nigeria moves from an allocation economy to full supply. In review of the present economic situation, the sales job is a lot more complex and challenging. An update on changes in buying and selling behaviours will be offered as a catalyst for discussing the changes in sales organisation structures. Cases and team exercises will be used to enhance the participant's knowledge.
This programme will present a framework to enable participants assess their sales force, tackle issues surrounding sales force effectiveness, develop high-impact strategies to accomplish goals and enhance performance.
- The challenges of sales management in Nigeria
- Leading for results
- Evaluating sales performance
- Leading an effective sales force in a challenging economy
- Measuring and compensating the sales force presentation
- Strategy for price setting in sales and marketing
- Organising and designing the sales force structure
- Strategy for leading an effective sales force – route to market strategy
- Account management dealing with competition
- Use of social media to improve sales
- Social and ethical responsibilities of sales executives
- Managing relationships in a dynamic environment
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Use best sales planning, practices, operations and sales enablement
- Retaining key sales producers
- Use technology and tools for managing productivity
- Develop the right route to sales and market strategy
- Increase team motivation, integration, accountability, and performance
- Measure your company’s readiness to implement an effective sales campaign
- Implement an effective sale price strategic
- Use price as an effective selling tool
- Manage with shrinking resources
- Turning regional sales managers into leaders
- Develop a simple and actionable sales strategy during the course
- Set clear standards for sales performance
- Use of social media to influence sales
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Dr Uchenna Uzo joined LBS in February 2002. He received his B.Sc and M.Sc in Sociology from the University of Lagos, and his Masters of Research in Management as well as PhD in Management from the IESE Business School, Barcelona. He is a member and reviewer of the Academy of Management and also ...
Louis I. Nzegwu is Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the International Business Resource Center (IBRC) at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville (UWP). He is a visiting Professor of Marketing at the Lagos Business School of the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, Nigeria. He teaches...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.