Management Foundations: Financial Statements
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
Financial statements attempt to convey the financial position and results of operations of a business. However, in many cases the underlying economics of a firm are not readily apparent based on a casual review of financial statements. This seminar is designed to help users of financial statements take a deeper look, and identify indicators that have been demonstrated to be useful in predicting future economic performance. Both positive and negative indicators will be discussed; the seminar will draw upon a large number of examples to illustrate the concepts.
- Using financial statements to assess the financial health of a firm
- Identifying firms with sustainable performance
- Identifying firms that are fraud risks and/or have used aggressive accounting
- Understand and evaluate the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Use financial statements to make investment decisions
- Evaluate the financial position of a firm
Who should attend
Managers and executives who need a better understanding of financial statements