This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Logistics is a critical enabler of connecting supply and demand resulting in a dynamic and a growing economy. With an estimated GDP of Rs.113.2 trillion in 2013-14 and over a 13 per cent spend on logistics, the Indian logistics industry is worth over Rs.14 trillion.
Delivering logistics solutions is getting increasingly sophisticated both due to customer requirements and supply side innovations especially driven by information technology. Challenges such as cost versus value focus, asset versus non asset-based positioning, business scope and scale, and service level and quality management are critical to the competitive advantage of logistics service providers.
In this context, an executive education programme with a focus on understanding customer needs and delivering customised logistics solutions could add compelling value to the logistics service industry.
- To provide a conceptual framework and functional inputs for effective and efficient logistics services
- To enable sharing of best business practices
- Role of logistics in the supply chain management
- Understanding the customer environment
- Services management including quality management
- Asset-based and non asset-based business approaches
- Asset maintenance management
- Benchmarking logistics performance
- Warehousing and inventory management
- Technology aids and information management
- Implementation and integration
- Policies for logistics infrastructure
- Managingwarehouseandcontainerstorage depotoperations
- Distribution strategy for retail and e-retail units
- Logistics service network design
- Optimising last mile delivery operations
Who should attend
- Senior management of logistics service providers that include third and fourth party logistics services, courier services, transporters (rail, road, marine, and air), freight forwarders, distributors, retailers, warehouse providers, and terminal operators (ports, air cargo, ICDs/CFSs)
- Senior management involved in managing logistics processes of a company (OEMs, e-Commerce) or customers of the logistics service providers
- IT-based service providers both in the software and technology domains
- Logistics consultants
Trust the experts
Prof Sundaravalli Narayanaswami has earned her PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from IIT Bombay, after a Masters in Computer Science. Her teaching interests are in Intelligent Transportation systems, Operations Research in public systems, Operations Management, Urban transpor...