Who should attend
This course is designed for company owners, consultants, logistics service providers, chief supply chain officers, vice presidents of sales operations, vice presidents and directors of process improvement, and executive, senior, vice presidents, and directors of supply chain, logistics, procurement, manufacturing, or distribution.
About the course
The efficient flow of inbound materials through your supply chain can have a significant impact on cost, quality, service, and delivery to your customer. With continued pressures from globalization, market volatility, and innovation expectations, companies are extending their reliance on lean principles to outside the four walls of the manufacturing facility. Lean inbound logistics requires strategic coordination to synchronize suppliers, transportation providers, and multiple supply chain partners. This course focuses on the why and how to implement lean logistics to support the lean supply chain operations in both manufacturing and distribution. You will focus on lean strategy development, identifying and overcoming operational realities, and learning the tools necessary for successful implementation.
What You Will Learn
- The inbound logistics network mapping
- The distinct nature of the inbound logistics network as a link to suppliers and manufacturing facilities and part of the overall value chain
- Total logistics costs calculations
- Transportation management, supplier management, and materials planning techniques
- Strategic supplier management
- Lean-guiding principles as strategic pathways
- Milk Run development and mode selection
How You Will Benefit
- Design a future state network based on lean principles.
- Reduce total logistics cost.
- Lower inventory levels.
- Shrink transportation costs.
- Reduce space requirements.
- Lessen lead times.
STRATEGIC VALUE OF LEAN INBOUND LOGISTICS AND TOTAL LOGISTICS COST
- The current state map
LEAN LOGISTICS NETWORK DESIGN
- The desired state
- Planning for implementation
MATERIAL ORDERING AND SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
LEAN LOGISTICS ENGINEERING & TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
YARD CONTROL AND MATERIAL RECEIVING
IMPLEMENTING, SUSTAINING, IMPROVING
TOUR OF PORT OPERATIONS
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.