Leading Virtual Teams
Are you a manager with team members overseas or simply operating from home offices or different buildings? You may also be operating in a matrix organization with team members reporting to different managers. How do you manage this complexity? How do you lead your team to get things done and achieve results? Do you always manage to give right guidance and solve misunderstandings and conflicts? How do you manage team dynamics and get everyone working together? How do you keep close and overcome issues of trust and different behaviours?
This 2 day programme will help you maximize the synergy and productivity of your virtual or remote team. You will get a proven process and framework to develop the competencies of a virtual leader, and strengthen and enhance the productivity of your virtual or remote team. Learn to leverage the advantages of a virtual team while building trust and making authentic connections with team members.
How will you benefit?
- After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Develop your virtual leadership presence
- Strengthen team networks for improved performance
- Create trust and engagement in a virtual environment
- Select the appropriate technology for specific types of tasks
- Take decisive action to manage conflict
- Leverage generational, cultural and geographical differences to create positive team impact
- Build a solid foundation to coach and provide feedback virtually
- Plan and facilitate a successful virtual meeting
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 2 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays.
Leading Virtual Teams—What’s Different?
- Define Types of Virtual Teams
- Define the Unique Needs of Virtual Workers
- Define What It Takes to Lead a Virtual Team
- Identify Virtual Leadership Challenges
- Identify Team Needs Based on the Virtual Leadership Challenges
Building and Maintaining Trust in Virtual Teams
- Define the Components of Trust
- Identify the Leader’s Role in Creating and Sustaining Trust
- Assess Trust Needs for Different Types of Virtual and Remote Teams
- Understand the Need for “Swift Trust”
Leading and Facilitating Virtual Communication
- Demonstrate Techniques for Frequent, Authentic and Transparent Communications
- Demonstrate Principles for Choosing Technology for Support Virtual Work
- Define Fundamental Differences in Communicating
- Identify Best Practices for Managing Conflict in Virtual Teams
Managing the Performance of Virtual Teams
- Identify Virtual Performance Management Challenges
- Describe Best Practices for Performance Management in Virtual Teams
- Match Performance Management Needs of Team Members to Tools and Techniques for Managing Performance Virtually
Coaching in a Virtual Environment
- Explain All the Components of the GROW Model of Coaching
- Use Key Skills for Listening and Questioning
- Effectively Use Tools and Techniques to Coach Virtually
How to Facilitate Meetings and Influence Others
- Identify Pre-Meeting Tips and Best Practices
- Identify Meeting and Post-Meeting Tips and Best Practices
- Demonstrate Effective Meeting Facilitation Skills
- Describe Nine Influence Strategies and How to Apply Them in a Virtual Environment
Putting It All Together—Case Studies, Problem Solving and Best Practices
- Identify Major Opportunities for Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Team
- Gain Insight into a Challenge You Are Having and What to Do About It
- Develop a Plan or Tool to Address Your Challenges
Who should attend
Experienced managers, leaders, and project managers who are currently leading virtual teams and are seeking to enhance their overall performance as virtual leaders, as well as those who will be moving into a virtual leadership role in the future.