About the course
Successfully influencing teams in the best of times takes skill. Leading teams through a crisis like the pandemic has tested leaders and their organizations as never before.
How do you build a high-trust culture? How do you rally team members around a common goal? How do you create an inclusive environment for all team members to express themselves fully and achieve organizational goals? And, how do you do this during a crisis and while working remotely?
What you'll get:
We’ll focus on the role of identity in leading teams to successfully influence teammates and build an effective team culture. We will also
- Explore the impact of listening skills on team relationships and organizational outcomes
- Develop your resilience as you help your team navigate a particularly uncertain future ahead
- Address some of the particular challenges of and techniques for facilitating effective teamwork in the current remote environment.
- Program intro
- Identity and its role in leading teams and building an inclusive environment
- Influencing and leading teams in a remote environment
- Developing resilience to help teams resist heightened stress, anxiety and isolation
- The critical impact of listening skills on relationships and organizational outcomes
- Bringing it all together: Build an effective and high-trust culture
- Program wrap
Geoffrey Leonardelli is an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management at Rotman (with a cross-appointment to the Department of Psychology). His research targets how people can harness knowledge about themselves to enhance their leadership, team dynamics and negot...
Dr. Guy Itzchakov is an Assistant Professor at Ono Academic College, Israel. Guy received his Ph.D. from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 2017. His focal line of research draws on Carl Rogers’s theory and focuses on how attentive and non-judgmental listening facilitates a change in the speak...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.