Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Executives with experience in leading employees and teams who intend to increase their effectiveness in reaching organizational goals through people.
About the course
A leadership laboratory dedicated to the why and how of behavior in organizations.
Do you have what it takes to be a successful leader? In order to improve your effectiveness as a leader, it is important to take time to sharpen your skills and to explore and reflect on your personal leadership attributes. Our four-day leadership laboratory Leading People and Teams will help you to gain awareness of your blind spots as a leader and develop strategies to correct them. You will also learn how to influence decision makers in support of your initiatives, how to diagnose and remedy potentially toxic organizational dynamics, and how to bolster your leadership through a well-functioning, productive professional network.
The laboratory’s challenging but safe environment provides you with the opportunity to reflect on your experience as a leader, experiment with different leadership approaches, and receive valuable feedback and support from both faculty and peers. The individual learning experiences are seconded by a full day of group executive coaching as well as post-program follow-ups.
- Gain a clear sense of the mindset, competences, and behaviors needed to be effective leaders
- Learn how to capitalize on and leverage strengths and weaknesses, as well as those of employees, peers, and superiors
- Acquire tools to strengthen your professional network
- Enhance emotional intelligence, learn influencing strategies, and discover the satisfaction that comes from a thriving leadership role
- Benefit from the post-program follow-up coaching support
- Empowering individuals and teams
- Creating a compelling leadership vision
- Coalition-building and influence tactics
- Developing effective informal networks
- Leadership coaching
Gianluca is an associate professor (with tenure) of organizational behavior who joined ESMT Berlin in 2016. Previously he was an associate professor of organization and management at the University of Lugano and an assistant professor at Bocconi University. He holds a PhD in Social and Behavioral...
Andreas Bernhardt is executive development advisor and lead coach at ESMT Berlin in Germany, founding member of ESMT's Center for Leadership Development Research, and manages ESMT's pool of executive coaches. He has over 20 years of practical leadership development experience with executives from...
Francis de Véricourt is a professor of management science at ESMT European School of Management and Technology. From August 2010 until August 2013 he was on leave at INSEAD, where he was an associate professor of technology and operations management and the Paul Dubrule Chaired Professor of Susta...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.