Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for those who need to increase resilience, reduce stress, and better manage themselves, and thereby become more self-aware, engaged and effective leaders at any level.
About the course
Increase your effectiveness as a leader and grow your capacity for self-management so you can engage and communicate more mindfully, generating more effective personal and organizational results.
- Be more present so you can focus on the right priorities for yourself and your organization.
- Connect within yourself and others to attain a greater sense of clarity and flow, and use this new awareness to be a more effective leader.
- Act and communicate with more intention.
Embark on a personal leadership journey that begins with a virtual group meeting, then travel to a unique residential program at Morven- a secluded retreat destination for critical thinking and reflection. Located just outside of Charlottesville, Morven is the ideal setting for participants to learn together in one of University of Virginia's historic houses, as well as to spend time on their own in the meditation gardens.
- Bring your own personal leadership challenges to the program, so your experience will address your individual needs.
- Identify and transform personal triggers and habits of attention that influence your ability to take action.
- Engage in exercises - inspired by meditation, yoga, improvisation and acting - all designed for to help you observe your own leadership in action.
- Follow-up with a virtual group meeting to help sustain your learning and behavior change.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- Intro Webinar
- Reflective Writing: Leadership Challenges
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Incorporate daily, practical methods for centering yourself and projecting a leadership presence that rings true in you and with others.
- Create a mindful organizational culture and impact within your team.
- Increase your resilience and ability to self-manage.
- Engage and communicate more effectively.
Education: B.A., MA, University of Virginia; Ph.D., Northwestern University As an award-winning teacher and associate professor, Lili Powell leads MBA, EMBA and Executive Education classes in leadership, management and corporate communication at the University of Virginia''s Darden School of Bus...
Jeremy Hunter, PhD is the great-grandson of a sumo wrestler. He serves as Associate Professor of Practice at the Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management. For over a decade, he has helped leaders develop themselves while retaining their humanity in the face of monumental change and challen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.