Who should attend
Anyone who needs to effectively engage in virtual meetings as a leader or participant.
About the course
The shift from in-person to virtual meetings requires a specific new skill set in order for leaders and participants to have maximum effectiveness.
An effective meeting leader must plan appropriately to keep participants engaged by creating an agenda with clear outcomes. In addition, they must be ready to manage the overall meeting experience and create and maintain a positive, safe atmosphere.
For effective and productive virtual meetings, an understanding of the effect that technology can have (particularly on participants) is also crucial. At the same time, meeting participants must know how to properly engage in the meeting to get their messages across, while maintaining diplomacy and credibility.
This program will equip you with the skills necessary to lead meetings for maximum engagement while creating clarity, purpose and value. You’ll also learn how to effectively participate in meetings, making your voice heard while observing proper virtual etiquette.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn best practices and strategies for leading and participating in virtual meetings
- Understand the importance of the participant experience and how to build an optimal virtual meeting environment
- Discover how to devise an effective agenda
- Clearly identify the purpose and desired outcomes of virtual meetings
- Recognize which meetings to attend based on their priorities
- Learn strategies for maximum participant engagement
What You Will Cover
- Effectively engaging, connecting, contributing and collaborating in a meeting
- Exploring different types of meetings
- Creating clear purpose and outcomes
- Learning the significance of agendas
- Prioritizing meetings based on importance and urgency
- Creating an effective meeting atmosphere and experience
- Establishing expectations and rules of engagement during meetings
- Understanding the impact that technology has on meetings
- Best practices for facilitating and participating in virtual meetings
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.