Who should attend
Designed for executives and senior managers from all business areas who wish to develop a strategic understanding of digital marketing and how to develop a roadmap for digital business transformation in their organisations.
Executives aiming to lead digital initiatives in their company or industry and those seeking to develop new sustainable business models in a digital world will also benefit.
Executives and senior managers who want to learn about sustainable marketing strategies for ‘generations Y and Z’.
About the course
Value creation in a digital world
Leading Digital Marketing Strategy is a three-day programme through which participants learn how companies can tackle digital transformation and drive innovative marketing strategy through customer-centricity.
Although the impact of digitisation is not new, the digital economy is entering a new age that presents unprecedented challenges – but also many opportunities for executives.
Digital tools and trends are invading the business environment, provoking significant changes in the way we communicate, consume, work, buy and sell. In many cases these trends profoundly disrupt industries and change the way companies do business.
Leading Digital Marketing Strategy will help you rethink the customer journey to build positive and relevant experiences across all channels and touchpoints – and ultimately to create both value and competitive advantages for your company.
How you benefit
- Understand current trends. Recognise digital megatrends and best practices – and the disruptive impact they will have on your business
- Harness the power of digitalisation. Enhance operations through digitisation to foster brand-creation or brand-building in the digital world
- Create a successful content strategy. Develop a digital, content-driven strategy that enables stronger engagement with customers and creates outstanding customer experiences
- Navigate customer needs. Understand the new rules of competition as well as today’s customers and their evolving needs and expectations
- Measure success. Learn how to leverage data and how to measure the success of digital marketing in terms of brand awareness, association, engagement and ROI
As digital advances unlock new ways for customers to speak up and interact with businesses, Leading Digital Marketing Strategy will help you rethink the customer journey to help you build positive and relevant experiences across all channels and touchpoints – and ultimately to create both value and competitive advantage for your company. Topics covered include the following:
Megatrends that disrupt your market(s)
- How digital and social disruptions can affect different aspects of your value chain
- How digital and social practices can generate novel content about your brands or products
- How to meet the challenges that new trends bring
Impact of digital on the competitive landscape
- When digital and social media practices foster new business model innovations and change companies’ competitive landscape
- Know what kinds of threats and opportunities emerge out of digital and social practices
Social media strategy as a commercial driver
- Recognise how value creation through social and digital tools differs from value creation through traditional marketing techniques
- Select and use social media channels to create novel value
- Leverage strategic social media frameworks to initiate and develop new relationships with customers that yield higher financial performance
- Integrate social media into your brand strategy
- Understand the threats and opportunities associated with social media
- Learn how to anticipate and prepare for crises in the digital space Measure social media ROI
Business decisions using online research and ‘big data’
- Harness online data/social media to create value
- Leverage big data to integrate digital intelligence into strategy
- Experience digital listening through live interaction with online platforms
Content creation, curation and dissemination for brand building
- Transform your brand into a content producer
- Create, curate and disseminate content through online channels
- Understand how companies can successfully address online conversations and create monitoring systems to avoid value destruction through negative buzz
- ‘Hijack’ online conversations and create value in the short term by increasing brand relevance
Digital marketing organisation
- Understand the role of the digital marketing organisation in driving company profits
- Design a digital marketing organisation and define the key roles and dynamics to drive change and effectively build a customer-centric unit
- Drive the digital transformation of your organisation through effective task prioritisation and tech integration, including AI and machine learning
- Learn how to develop a more innovative mind-set and leverage start-ups more effectively at a high scale
David Dubois is an Associate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD with expertise in (1) how organizations can leverage and integrate digital and social media dynamics to create novel value, and (2) how luxury and fashion brands can create sustainable competitive advantages by leveraging status and st...
Joerg Niessing is an Affiliate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD and is passionate about bridging the academic and the business world on topics related to marketing, branding and digitization. He holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Muenster. His credentials do not only come from his ac...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.