Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is right for you if you hold a key leadership position where future-proofing decisions are part of your day-to-day role.
14 years management experience on average
- C-suite executives of mid- to large-sized organisations.
- Senior leaders from all spheres of business.
- Regional directors or country managers.
- Heads of a function or business unit within an organisation.
- Senior civil servants and leaders of not-for-profit organisations.
About the course
Turbulent times call for resilient and visionary leaders. Prepare your organisation for the future.
Be a future-focused leader
Build a responsive and resilient organisation that can navigate uncertainty and overcome adversity.
Benefits for you
- Create a tangible plan to lead your organisation through future challenges.
- Be a truly engaged, inspirational and dynamic leader with insights and tested techniques from our world-class faculty and distinguished guest speakers.
- Gain new perspectives and unique ideas from international business leaders
- Ensure a resilient future for your organisation by proactively thinking ahead, and understanding your firm’s competitive context.
Benefits for your organisation
- Bring an organisational diagnostic back to your business, providing insight and understanding of how to build responsiveness and resilience.
- Build your organisation’s collaborative capacity to support powerful networks and enable the flow of information and ideas.
- Identify and disrupt assumptions and biases that could hold your company back.
- Predict emerging trends and understand your customer needs, to question assumptions and explore alternative models.
- Engage and communicate the unique value and positioning of your organisation to your employees
Future-proof your organisation
Lead your organisation confidently in an ambiguous and uncertain future, and get a new perspective on change with this highly practical programme.
What you learn
- Disrupt with new perspectives – Ensure your organisation benefits from new perspectives and diverse opinions. Learn to harness diversity and disrupt assumptions and biases.
- Build a collaborative culture – Wire your organisation to allow the easy flow of information and ideas. Discover ways to build stronger networks and utilise connections.
- Engage with purpose – Tap into the power of your people by expressing your own unique passion and commitment to the business and finding their connection to it.
- Ignite with great questions – Frame business challenges in ways that inspire teams to find innovative solutions. Unearth valuable insights into emerging customer trends.
How you learn
Disrupt with new perspectives | Pre-programme | 7 hours - online
- Join two live virtual faculty sessions with Tammy Erickson, Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour – a leading analyst of the changing workforce whose insights have shaped some of the most innovative and resilient global companies.
- Undertake an organisational diagnostic and work with a personal coach to examine ways of securing your company’s future with two virtual coaching sessions.
- Learn at your own pace using case studies and specially curated content to explore how leadership has changed over time.
Learn, challenge & explore | 3.5 days on campus or online
- Immerse yourself in a world-class learning experience on our London campus. This part of the module is delivered simultaneously to participants both on campus or online. We’ve carefully designed this approach to create a seamless learning experience, where virtual and face-to-face participants interact, collaborate and learn together.
- Our leading faculty explore the four key pillars needed to enhance your leadership capabilities: building collaborative capacity, disrupting with new perspectives, asking great questions and engaging with meaning.
- Take part in a live future-based simulation to practice the power of curious questions and encounter how leveraging ‘intrigue’ as a leadership pillar can enhance your company’s readiness for the future.
- Further take part in two more coaching sessions focusing on your leadership style specifically.
Apply your learning | Post-programme | 6 hours - online
- Continue to work with your personal coach with two virtual coaching sessions to ensure you implement the changes outlined in your plan.
- Join a special live virtual capstone session with Professor Tammy Erickson as a final touch point where you’ll asses your impact to date, share success stories and determine next steps with your diverse cohort.
Your learning experience
- Influential management gurus Tammy Erickson and Professor Lynda Gratton combine world-class research with highly practical techniques.
- A pre-programme diagnosis of your organisation and your personal profile actively inform the discussions and activities of the programme.
- Specialist guest speakers and executive coaches inspire you with their distinct leadership styles and industry experience.
- Post-programme coaching ensures you continue to successfully implement your leadership strategy.
- Build senior executive networks with peers who come from a wide range of industries and countries.
- Learn outside the classroom by examining the business practices, traditions and logic that shaped the actions of successful organisations.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Professor of Management Practice; Executive Education Faculty Director BA, PhD (Liverpool) Professor Lynda Gratton directs London Business School’s Human Resource Strategy in Transforming Organisations – considered the world’s leading programme on human resources – and the new programme Leading...
Tammy Erickson is an expert on leadership, the changing workforce, collaboration and innovation, and the nature of work in intelligent organisations. A McKinsey award-winning author, she has been three-times named one of the 50 most influential global management thinkers by Thinkers50. Erickson ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.