About the course
Leadership in today's business environment requires leading change through developing a culture of excellence. The Level Five Associates leadership model provides you with the practical tools to grow leaders who get it, and then implement an outcomes-based strategic planning process to drive your culture to be values-based with decentralization, trust, and empowerment.
This seminar focuses on presentations and small group interaction to develop best practices using our trademarked "Big 6" leadership principles. Ideal for leaders at every level, the seminar will provide you with leadership tools you can employ right away—and see measurable results.
- Principles of leadership development as they pertain to the battlefield and the boardroom
- Developing leaders over time through values-based culture, empowered teams, and persistence
- Removing silos and empowering team members with information
- The importance of a personal leadership philosophy
- Apply the elements of the “Big 6” leadership principles within your organization
- Understand how to bring a company mission, intent, shared values, and culture to life
- Use a strategic planning process to drive change in your organization and build a culture of excellence
- Utilize active listening within your organization
This seminar will be facilitated as two 3-hour digital classes on August 24 and August 25, 2021 from 8:30 - 11:30 AM each day, and qualifies for one unit toward the Advanced Management Certificate (AMC). Earn the Advanced Management Certificate by completing 15 total seminar units.
The current healthcare situation requires that the Olin Business School provide participants with learning conditions that protect the health of participants, business school staff, and faculty. Thus, for the foreseeable future, Olin Executive Education seminars will be appropriately modified to be delivered via Zoom and our new Learn.WashU platform. Olin faculty are well-versed and adept at working with these technological solutions to maximize participant learning and content quality.
Robert W. Mixon, Jr. is a retired U.S. Army Major General, former President of a manufacturing company, EVP of a diverse, innovative not for profit company, and Leadership Consultant. He serves as a faculty member at the Thayer Leader Development Group at West Point and various premier business s...
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.