Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers and independent collaborators interested in learning about leadership and followership.
About the course
Expand your boundaries to achieve leadership and followership success.
For an entrepreneur building a company – or an entrepreneurial thinker strengthening an existing organization – moving beyond the leadership comfort zone is more than an option: It is necessary for survival.
The English language program Leadership in Action (LIA) shows managers how to achieve bold leadership skills and fresh paradigms to make effective decisions. It’s a rigorous, three-day, total-immersion experience. Using the transitional approach to change, an action-and-review framework extends thinking beyond classic presentation and case-study methods. The combined elements of action program segment and review segment work together to accelerate personal and professional growth – breaking out of the leadership routine and into greater opportunity.
- build bridges between people to generate greater value
- learn to better identify, define, and reinforce interpersonal strengths
- areas for further leadership development
- support participants’ pursuit of a critical balance in planning, action, and interaction during high-pressure situations
- see and seize opportunity in a business and economic environment marked by rapid change with a fresh set of insights and skills
- solid network of global contacts
- Developing innovative leadership strategies for teams and industries affected by rapid change
- Cultivating greater followership and developing one’s own strengths by focusing on the substance and character that people naturally want to follow
- Collaborating within a learning, cooperative laboratory environment that generates true innovation
- Fostering healthy group competition that enables achievement at both the personal and organizational levels
- Supporting communication strategies that reach across organizational, cultural, and gender barriers to motivate people and move companies forward
- Building teamwork concepts that transcend traditional hierarchies to address the diverse talent clouds that make up today’s workforce
Nora studied management, with focus on organization. She completed her PhD on group dynamics at HEC School of Management and during her doctoral studies she was visiting fellow at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and at RMIT (Melbourne). She is a graduate of the Columbia Coach...
Andreas Bernhardt is executive development advisor and lead coach at ESMT Berlin in Germany, founding member of ESMT's Center for Leadership Development Research, and manages ESMT's pool of executive coaches. He has over 20 years of practical leadership development experience with executives from...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.