Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This programme is for medical consultants. You may be new to leading teams and services or established in your role and looking to influence beyond your team and specialism.
About the course
This experiential programme is designed for medical consultants seeking to reflect on their experience of leadership and enhance their influence in the future, locally and beyond. You will explore your understanding of organisations, how they change and their leadership with a view to developing your own leadership practice and effectiveness.
How will you benefit from this programme?
You will benefit from:
- supported time and space to reflect on your current leadership practice and explore this in the context of current and anticipated future leadership challenges
- an opportunity to consider and apply new concepts in your work between modules, with follow-up time to reflect
- focused reflection and follow-up action that will increase your awareness and confidence in how you work with others
- working beyond ‘business as usual’
- support and challenge from programme directors and your peers
- a deeper understanding of the wider health policy context, drawing on our latest research and expertise.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme is built over three modules to support maximum learning and applied practice. Each module builds on the one before with a clear focus on the interaction between understanding of organisations, of innovation and improvements, and leadership practice. There will be guest speakers, practical exercises and multiple feedback opportunities, all designed to support, stretch and challenge current leadership practice.
- Module one: learning about yourself
- Module two: learning about your team and others
- Module three: learning about your organisation and the wider health system
Deborah is part of the leadership and organisational development team and has more than 20 years’ experience in the health care sector. For the past 10 years, she has worked as a consultant and strategic adviser to NHS organisations and boards, most recently as a partner in an international consu...
Tricia contributes to both the open and tailored leadership programmes at The King’s Fund, as well as offering customised consulting and coaching services. Before joining the Fund in 2016, she was Head of Organisational Development in a regional board in Scotland, providing services in both the ...