Leadership Development for Building High Performing Teams
If you are responsible for leading and engaging teams you know you must drive and manage both performance and results. In our Leadership Development for Building High Performing Teams program you will explore the complexities of internal and external team dynamics and discover how you can elevate your personal performance as a team player and team leader.
Topics and Sessions:
Essential Qualities of Leadership
- Identify the essential qualities of effective team leaders
- Learn how to communicate efficiently
- Master the art of influence and persuasion
- Identify what makes teams effective
- Learn how to build team trust and confidence in team members
- Establish team vision and goals
- Align people with the team vision
- Create team guidelines
- Learn how to assess skill sets of others and apply to specific roles
- Discuss when to allow for volunteering versus delegating
- Learn techniques for effective negotiation and conflict management
- Learn how to establish elements of accountability
- Develop skills and abilities for creating and managing change
- Understand how to motivate team members and sustain momentum
Please note: This course is offered in both Downtown Los Angeles and once a year at the USC Orange County campus. Please be careful to look at the DATES and LOCATIONS before registering.
Using case studies, current business articles, in-class exercises, interaction and small group activities, our faculty will lead you to focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to understand and apply concepts to your organization's teams.
Who should attend
The program is geared to executives, managers or supervisors in all disciplines and business functions responsible for the performance of teams. It is also perfect for professionals who are aspiring to the executive role or are currently in the executive role.