Launching New Ventures
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard Business School.Full disclaimer.
Successful entrepreneurship takes more than an innovative idea—it also requires the right mindset and skillset. Whether you’re developing new business, launching new ventures, or building an entrepreneurial culture within a larger organization, this program prepares you to develop new strategies for transforming disruptive innovation into competitive advantage and a profitable business.
Bringing you together with other entrepreneurial executives, this program examines the unique challenges that confront early-stage ventures. You will gain the analytical, financial, and managerial skills needed to make sound investment decisions, manage rapid change, and ensure the success of your new enterprise throughout its lifecycle. After completing this entrepreneurship program, you are eligible to attend an annual companion program, Leading Growing Ventures, designed to help you maintain entrepreneurial momentum.
- Conceive, launch, and grow a successful new venture
- Analyze, prioritize, and determine the feasibility of new product and business ideas
- Pitch your business to potential investors and other stakeholders
- Evolve your leadership approach to manage ongoing innovation, radical change, and growth
- Address competitive challenges
Make sound investment and resource allocation decisions
- Determine the risks of starting a new venture
- Assess the required resources and support
- Recruit and develop the talent needed to support an entrepreneurial mindset and effort
- Balance vision and pragmatism as you pursue growth
Expand your personal and professional network
- Extend your network by living and working with accomplished executives from various backgrounds, industries, and countries across the globe
- Build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
What You Will Learn
Launching New Ventures goes to the heart of the entrepreneurial process—exploiting disruptive opportunities to create successful new businesses. Immersed in an intensive learning experience that includes faculty presentations, case studies, and group discussions, you will refine your thinking and broaden your skills as you examine strategies employed by successful entrepreneurs at every stage of the launch process.
In the program's first three-day segment, you will examine the central pillars of new venture formation, business execution, and entrepreneurial challenges.
Your opportunity and pitch
- Identifying and analyzing entrepreneurial opportunities
- Turning a viable opportunity into a focused strategy and well-defined business initiative
- Developing and refining an effective business plan
- Creating pitches to sell the idea to investors, customers, partners, and key employees
Your team and capabilities
- Attracting the talent and resources required to turn a vision into reality
- Recognizing and managing risk, while creating and measuring value
- Building the organization and capabilities needed to launch and nurture early-stage ventures
- Deciding whether to build capabilities in-house or obtain them through partnerships, joint ventures, or acquisitions
- Evolving the strategy, organization, and leadership approach as the business grows
- Creating balance in a business with both product- and service-based revenue streams
- Exploring alternatives for expanding the operations of a successful business
Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs launching their own startup
- Executives responsible for jump-starting innovation in established firms