Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Senior HR Managers who have the overall responsibility for recruitment and selection in their respective organizations
- Senior Line Managers involved in assessing job requirements and developing competency in members of staff
About the course
The full impact of globalization in the workplace has yet to be realized, but as more companies embrace this trend and become more diverse, certain changes are emerging. While many of these changes are good, others may not be as positive. Small business owners are learning that they have to adopt new policies and new guidelines to keep up with these changes.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Participants will gain understanding and knowledge of what creates their cultural lens.
- They learn why men and women communicate differently, what drives the communication style of other cultures, how to resolve conflict and how to maximize the benefits of a diverse workplace.
- Everyone leaves the session with a better awareness of their own personal values and how their past has created their current perceptions, behaviors and communication style. They develop new understandings for their own personal growth
Module One: The Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
- Understanding Diversity Management
- Diversity Management: The Big Picture
- The Industry Environment: Cultural Diversity and Business Challenges
- The Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
- Stages of Diversity Management
- Developing Your Own Business Case for Managing Cultural Diversity
Module Two: Cross Cultural Communication
- Understanding Culture and Cultural Diversity in Australia
- The 4 Basic Elements of Cross Cultural Communication
- Understanding the Process of Cultural Adaptation
- Developing Organizational and Personal Cultural Competence
Module Three: Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Competencies for Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Managing Culturally Diverse Teams
- Skills for Building Trust and Communication
actoring Cultural Diversity into Business Planning
- An Integrated Framework for Diversity Management
- Diversity Analysis Checklist Exercise: Project Analysis
- Developing a Cultural Diversity Management Action Plan
Module 4: Cultural Diversity Management Resources and Support
- Introduction, Resource and Support
- Glossary of Key Terms
- Review and Evaluation
Module 5: Managing Cultural Diversity Training Facilitation Guide
- Introduction to the Facilitation Guide
- Introduction to Cultural Diversity Management Training
- Training Workshop Preparation Guide
- Training Workshop Facilitation Guide
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.