Who should attend
The course is perfect for new textile artists, interior designers, students (fine art, textiles, or fashion) looking to bolster a portfolio, or anyone who wants to learn new illustration skills.
About the course
Whether you are new to illustration, or have been experimenting with visual language for a while, this course will help you to create unique and beautiful work, and enhance your creativity. Central Saint Martins has a world-renowned reputation for radical practice and rich experimentation and these values are at the heart of this course. We will challenge your understanding of what illustration is, whilst you develop strong technical skills to realise your creative potential.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Challenged and deepened your understanding of what Illustration is and what it can be used to achieve
- Mastered a range of fundamental drawing techniques
- Improved and developed your own style
- Learned how to source inspiration from your surroundings to create compelling pieces
- Produced a range of pieces for your portfolio
- Experimented with typeface and learned how to integrate text into your designs
- Used your designs to communicate emotions
- Designing and illustrating a book cover
- Sketching and illustration for reportage
- Figure drawing and character design
- Colour Theory
- Sketching from Life
- Illustrating for Food and Packaging
- Illustrating for an article
- Experimenting with sketching techniques
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Leni Kauffman has a Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration from Central Saint Martins; graduating in 2007. She is a freelance illustrator and has worked in animation, publishing, fashion illustration, and storyboarding.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.