Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
Communicating well is one of the most important contributors to operational success, and is critical to building relationships with people. Using experiential and reflective activities, as well as listening, questioning and non-verbal techniques, this workshop will help participants express themselves more clearly, better interpret the messages of others, manage interactions with different communication styles, and enhance their understanding of interpersonal conflict.
Course at a glance
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- Hands-on course based on active student participation; class dynamics include group work, classroom discussions, and short lectures.
- Aimed at professionals in supervisory roles who wish to upgrade their skills and aspiring leaders ready to invest in their career prospects.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the elements of interpersonal communication.
- Manage differing communication styles and preferences.
- Interpret non-verbal messages.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Employ effective questioning techniques.
- Use models in providing constructive feedback.
- Recognize conflict sources and styles.
- All course resources and learning materials are provided in-class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
- Learning activities are completed exclusively in class (no pre- or post-course work required).
Renée Paul, B.Comm., CPHR, has over 25 years of experience in the learning and development, organizational effectiveness, and human resources fields. Renée has worked as a learning and development consultant and a leadership consultant for The Performance Group, Servus Credit Union, and Stuart Ol...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.