Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
While you will meet an international mix of participants from various industries, the Mergers and Acquisitions program is designed for mid-management to senior executives in the C-Suite, directors of public and private companies, board leaders, and heads of strategy and corporate development. It is also geared toward advisers, investment bankers, transactional lawyers, and private equity investors. Individuals and teams are welcome to attend.
About the course
What Is IMAA’s Competitive Advantage?
The most lucrative but also most challenging mergers and acquisitions are global opportunities, so why limit your training to a local training that may only focus on national laws and settings? IMAA curriculum is the international golden standard in the M&A industry. We offer the only Mergers & Acquisitions Certificate Program and Designation that equips you with global best-practice and regional expertise.
Most important of all, this training is not some mere M&A course at introduction level or theoretical. Every session is crafted and taught by our M&A veterans that are willing to share their insights and know-how gained in years of real-world practice.
What to Expect
The International Mergers & Acquisitions Expert (IM&A) program dives deep into the entire M&A process—from strategy and valuation to execution and post-merger management (PMI).
Whether managing or advising a merger or acquisition for your company or assisting your clients, we will equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to skip the common pitfalls and succeed.
In the highly interactive on-site course or the self-paced online course, you’ll take your skills to the next level by practicing:
- Expanding your M&A perspective Hone new target identification strategies and advanced synergy analyses to close the best deals and navigate common post-merger integration pitfalls.
- Mapping out the negotiation landscape Identifying the true stakeholders and likely competitors for the target ahead of time, so you’re ready with the right strategies and tactics for closing the transaction without trouble.
- Expanding your M&A perspective By “looking ahead and reasoning back,” you’ll practice implementing exceptional value analysis and comprehensive due diligence so you can lead your team into unlocking the most lucrative merger and acquisition opportunities.
This cross-disciplinary curriculum provides a holistic view of the M&A process – from strategy and valuation to execution and post-merger integration management.
You will delve into the challenges and opportunities presented by new technology and learn all the terminology and best practices for cross-border deals, corporate inversions, earn-outs, spin-offs, restructurings, corporate governance and more opportunities. Different strategic approaches for private and public companies will also be examined.
The IM&A program is structured in four modules based on our IM&A Framework and Body of Knowledge:
Essentials of M&A
This module covers the fundamentals of Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Deal types: What are the different types of transactions that you can use in M&A? There is a whole range of deal types and deal continuum that we look at, e.g. the full spectrum from minority stakes to full acquisitions, various ways to arrange a merger, leveraged buy outs (LBOs), initial public offerings (IPOs), divestitures, spin-offs, equity carve-outs-
- M&A Process: The program covers both perspectives from a buyer’s perspective (buy side) and from a seller’s perspective (sell-side). We explore how to seek buyers or potential targets (long list & short list) and how to run a sale in various ways (negotiations and auctions).
- Strategies for M&A: We dive into the strategies for Megers & Acquisitions. How can you create competitive advantage through M&A, diverstitures and equity alliance?
- M&A Negotiation: How can you prepare for the negotiation phase? What are ways to arrange a value creating deal?
- Introduction to Due Diligence: How do you prepare for and execute a smart Due Diligence to assure value creation? What are the different areas that can be covered in the Due Diligence process?
- Success Factors in Transactions: We explore the success factors and key challenges and mistakes to avoid. Which M&A tactics work in which industries?
- Takeover Strategies and Defence Tactics: How can you prepare your company against a hostile takeover attempt and reduce potential threats? Which are the defence mechansims that you can put into place and how affective are they? Which ways exist to acquire a business successfully in a hostile way?
In the Due Diligence module, we discuss the key questions and topics to address in a due dilligence. It covers the followin areas of DD indepth:
- Financial Due Diligence
- Tax Due Diligence
- Legal Due Diligence
- Human Resources (HR) Due Diligence
- Commercial Due Diligence and
- other Due Diligence areas
In the valuation module, you will explore the
- Different Valuation Techniques for Mergers & Acquisitions: Various techniques such as Discounted Cash Flow (DFC) modelling, Transaction and Trading Multiples, and more will be explained step by step including a demonstration of building models in excel.
- Private Equity & Start Up Valuation
- Deal Financing & Payment Structure
- Deal Design & Structure
Post Merger Integration (PMI)
The Post Merger Integration module gives you a thorough introduction into the following aspects:
- Integration Governance: Project Management and Work Stream coordination
- Synergies: Identification of Growth and Cost Synergies and their realization
- Function Integration: How to integrate the different business functions, e.g. Sales & Marketing, Finance, HR, etc.
- Change Management and Cultural Issues: How to deal with differences and success with Communication and Change Management.
- 30 hours onsite or approx. 60 hours online
- Leading faculty from academia and the industry
- Split into four, easy-to-digest modules
- Content updated regularly
- Prequisite:Hold an academic degree (e.g. PhD, JD, DBA, MBA or Bachelor Degree); and/or hold one or more professional designations (such as CPA, CFA, CAIA or equivalent)
After successfully completing the course, you will receive the IM&A Charter. The IM&A is the most internationally recognized designation offered in the field of M&A. This charter signals to peers, clients, employers, and other professionals that you have completed the most comprehensive M&A education program available and are proficient in all areas of the mergers and acquisitions
Online Self Study Option
The online course offers all the extensive training of the onsite course but with maximum flexibility for busy professionals. This course is designed for self-study, with on-demand video lectures and required readings. The course assignments include real-life business case studies, multiple choice questions, and more. There is no time constraint to complete the online course; so you can set your own schedule and work at your own pace.
The onsite version is held in an intensive 30 hours program (in 4 or 5 days depending on location). The M&A program is taught by leading faculty members that are practitioners and specialized subject matter experts to provide participants with the most up-to-date and practical content available. The faculty combines global thought leaders and regional experts. The onsite training allows participants to interactive discussions and networking with an elite and diverse group of professionals.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.