Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Brookings Institution.Full disclaimer.
All organizations — including government organizations — must create value for their stakeholders. Leaders who innovate are better able to deliver greater results with fewer resources. Acquire tools and techniques to foster new ideas and accelerate the pace of innovation within your agency.
“The course provided great, research-based approaches to real government problems. I applied the concepts immediately.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Entrepreneurship
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Understand the innovation process and its components
- Practice the formulation and framing of problems and opportunities
- Learn how to develop and evaluate innovative solutions
- Build momentum around your ideas and circumvent potential opposition to them
All organizations exist to create value for those who receive their products and services. Leaders, who effectively promote innovation, are able to consistently deliver new value to customers or deliver similar value with fewer resources. This program is designed to help leaders accelerate the pace of innovation within their organizations. Accelerating innovation requires leaders to identify valuable opportunities or potential problems, carefully frame and formulate these problems and opportunities, derive workable solutions to them, select the most viable course of action, and cultivate an environment in which their ideas can take root and flourish. The course will offer tools and techniques to accomplish these goals.
- Key aspects of the innovation process
- Establish a framework for problem analysis
- The importance of creativity
- Utilizing networking to promote ideas within your organization
- Develop an understanding of the innovation process and its components
- Become familiar with and practice techniques for the finding and framing of problems and opportunities
- Learn how to derive and evaluate creative solutions