Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The course is recommended for executive managers, team leaders, and professional staff.
About the course
The central purpose of leadership is to enable other people to achieve their mission. Being inspiring and effective starts with a deep understanding of who you are as a leader and how you relate to and influence others.
This course is designed to enable participants to reflect on their identity, capabilities, and behaviours as leaders. In this two-day transformational workshop, you will discover what makes you a leader (identity and mindset), what your core beliefs about leadership are (values), what you are capable of as a leader, and how to translate these into deeper, stronger and more influential relationships with other people. The course is based on extensive and rigorous research in leadership development. Innovative teaching elements such as peer-to-peer coaching and experiential exercises are presented to deepen and enhance participant’s learning, self-reflection and experience. The course aims to deliver outstanding results for individuals and organisations.
A highly experiential and individualised course, topics covered include:
- Leader identity – understanding how you see yourself as a leader
- Self-leadership – barriers to leading, negative thoughts, fears, and winning mindset
- Values and purpose – recognise how your leadership transcends organisations
- Power and influence – inspire others to achieve their mission
- Relational leadership – lead through developing effective relationships.
- Understand the foundations of personal leadership: identity, values, mindset and purpose
- Learn and implement behavioural strategies for more effective self-leadership
- Uncover leadership values and purpose and align behaviours
- Develop a personalised action-based leadership development plan with input from the facilitator and peers.
- Access to an assessment tool developed to uncover your leadership identity, strengths and weaknesses
- Research-based leadership development program and activities designed for learning and impact
- Strong emphasis on activities such as experiential exercises, case studies, group discussion and peer-to-peer learning
- Targeted feedback by an experienced facilitator and peers.
Dr Darja Kragt is a lecturer in work psychology at the School of Psychological Science. Her primary area of research is leadership and leadership development. Darja is passionate about developing leaders and leadership through evidence-based research and practice, so that everyone can have a bet...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.