Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Directors and other senior managers in the private and public sectors who want to improve the impact of their communications, including:
- Those influencing up, down, across, and outside of the management structure and organisation; working with professional bodies or public figures; those influencing on boards, in committees or through into other parts of the business where they may not immediately be recognised
- Leaders who need to deliver their message with impact and have people understand, believe and follow them. For example, those leading change projects
- Team managers or individuals often involved in informal negotiations and 1:1 conversations
- Those working with clients or customers on an informal basis or involved with more formal bids and pitches.
About the course
Advanced communication skills for leaders
This 3 day workshop looks at multiple scenarios requiring you to communicate effectively and with impact, including:
- Influencing at all levels of an organisation
- Mastering negotiations
- Difficult conversations
- Presentation skills
- Bids and pitches.
The ability to communicate with impact is an important quality in a leader. To be able to instil confidence, deal with strong personalities and pressured situations are key attributes, whether you are directly managing a team, a project or are perhaps tasked with winning business for your organisation.
Presentation skills, negotiation skills, and much more: become an exceptional communicator
Taught at Henley Business School, UK, this fast-paced programme covers a range of communication scenarios and the tools and techniques to respond to them, improving your capability and confidence as a communicator.
- Have plenty of practice time
- Focus on using your own examples during the programme
- Work with a peer-network in a closed, confidential environment.
We have all experienced exceptional influencers and communicators; audiences listen to them and these leaders have real impact. The skills that these people display can be learnt and developed. The Henley Influence and Impact programme will teach you how to adapt your own communication style to become an exceptional communicator.
Practice, practice, practice During the time at Henley you will have many opportunities to practice using the tools and techniques discussed. We will encourage you to practice a forthcoming pitch, negotiation, presentation, difficult conversation and how you come across.
Return to work with detailed preparation, notes and mind-set, for:
- Your upcoming pitch or presentation
- A difficult conversation or negotiation.
Benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status.
You will gain the ability to adapt your communication style to make an impact in any given business situation, and the skills and confidence to influence, present and negotiate with credibility.
‘The fact that I was able to use the practical course content immediately on going back to my office made it incredibly powerful and set it apart from other courses.’ Paul Kingswell, Operations Manager, JP Morgan, and Influence and Impact programme participant
Your participants will return to their organisations with the ability to:
- create far greater impact
- develop these skills within team members
- achieve increased success in business pitches and negotiations
- achieve more decisive outcomes in meetings
- represent the organisation with more assurance.
Peter is Programme Director for Influence & Impact programme. He has delivered programmes at Henley for ten years and also delivers sessions on Henley MBA programmes, the Advanced Management programme and on bespoke programmes for a range of corporate clients. His main areas of interest inclu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.