Who should attend
Diversity and Inclusion experts, Human Resource professionals, and leaders looking to build inclusive teams and practices
About the course
Innovate for diversity and equity with evidence, behavioural insights and business design.
Rotman brings a new approach to designing for inclusion.
Achieving inclusion is a top priority for most organizations today. However, despite system wide attempts to improve inclusion, there has been little tangible progress and poorly designed interventions have even resulted in unintended consequences. For example, some organizations that implemented mandatory diversity training had 6% fewer black women in management positions after five years. At the individual level, backlash effects can occur if trainees resent being selected for diversity training and view training as punishment for prior insensitive behaviour.
To be successful, inclusion innovations need to be user-centric, easy to adopt and evidence-based. By understanding barriers to inclusion from a user-centric lens, we can better design policies and process that actually work.
The First of Its Kind
There are breakthroughs available at the intersection of behavioural insights, data analytics and design thinking.
- Why current initiatives fail
- Real data on which practices work and which don’t
- Detailed debriefs
- Hands-on exercises designing new initiatives
Inclusion by Design is for leaders and organization looking for disruptive and evidence-backed ways to design, implement and evaluate inclusion practices that actually work. Whether it’s hiring, retention or compensation, use a new approach to move past acceptance to true inclusion so you can engage, energize, inspire and benefit from diversity with greater success.
What You Can Expect
Inclusion by Design reframes inclusion as an innovation challenge using the latest insights from behavioural economics and business design to innovate for diversity at the personal, team and organizational levels.
Our expert faculty will guide you through a winning business design process for improving diversity and inclusion in your organization that you can apply quickly and effectively upon your return to the office.
By the end of the three days you will
- Examine and understand data around why diversity initiatives are failing
- Harness behavioural insights to nudge for inclusion
- Use business design to re-imagine a truly inclusive organization
- Evaluate third-party proposals for inclusive initiatives
- Be prepared for working with resistors and getting them on-side
- Practice translating these frameworks in your organizations with a follow-up check-in with our experts
- Leave with frameworks that are easy to adopt and translate in your organization
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.