Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This qualification is designed for senior managers or HR/OD professionals who want to develop their expertise and credibility in the fields of coaching and mentoring, or to establish coaching on an organisational level. It’s also for professional coaches and mentors seeking to enhance and accredit their experience with a nationally recognised qualification.
About the course
Combining skills-based development and strategic coaching concepts, the ILM Level 7 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring is perfect for senior professionals and executives who regularly coach and mentor at a senior level.
Enhancing the skills and capabilities of Senior Management Teams to increase leadership and organisation wide engagement through effective coaching and mentoring culture cultivation.
Increase the communication skills, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills of management teams to help deliver organisational objectives.
Module 1 - 3 consecutive days
Module 2 - 2 consecutive days
Module 3 - 1 day advanced learning.
Assessment and Accreditation fees are included in the price shown
The ILM Level 7 in Coaching and Mentoring can also be accredited to a Diploma Level. The module structure remains the same as the Certificate qualification, although additional coaching hours are required to successfully complete the Diploma accreditation.
Benefits for individuals include:
- Powerful, inspirational communication skills, developing listening and questioning skills
- Generates increased openness to opportunities for personal learning and development
- Ability to create targeted performance improvements for self, individuals, teams and businesses
- Develop the ability to support others through change, and become resilient when challenged
- Develop self-awareness and improved leadership capability
Benefits for the organisation include:
- Demonstrates commitment to individuals and their development
- Higher organisational performance and productivity
- Facilitates the adoption of a new culture or management change
- Supports cost reduction and business growth
Ready to start your assignments?
Once you have completed the two modules and are ready to start your assignments, you will be registered with the ILM and will have up to three years to complete the three mandatory assignments. Salford Professional Development are always there at the end of a phone if you have any queries regarding your assignments. We recommend you join the monthly tutorials that are either face to face or via conference call.
- Delegate registration from 9am
- Course begins 9:30am
- Course ends 16:30pm
What is coaching, and the differences between coaching and mentoring
The benefits of coaching for you and your organisation
The skills and attributes of a safe, effective coach
Understand and apply underpinning psychological concepts that support coaching, including Neurological Levels, NLP and Transactional Analysis.
How to begin a coaching conversation, apply effective models such as GROW, OSKAR and SUCCESS, and ask effective coaching questions.
Hold professional standard coaching and mentoring conversations in a safe, supervised environment, and receive feedback.
Identification of when coaching is, and is not an appropriate approach
Understand the coaching process, and how to use key models to hold both formal and informal coaching conversations (and consider the spectrum in between).
Build, develop and lead high performing teams. Consider how to develop people in line with the performance management process and values of own organisation.
Apply coaching strategies to create a culture of innovation and excellence. Develop high performance initiatives for own teams.
Consider motivational strategies and learn how to coach and mentor team members with varying ability and potential.
Examine how to use coaching conversations to develop individual professional goals and career plans with team members to enhance motivation levels.
Identify how to integrate coaching and mentoring into your leadership approach to support the needs and objectives of the business; informal development and the art of ‘Curb-side Coaching’, leading to the development of a coaching culture.
Develop a real world business case for innovative coaching and mentoring application within own organisation
Learn and apply Supervision best practice in order to provide Formative, Normative and Restorative supervision support to other coaches and mentors in the organisation, at any level.
Understand good practice in the evaluation of coaching and mentoring, including cutting edge methodology in measuring ROI.
Develop a set of coaching tools that can be utilised in different situations
Practice real world management coaching and mentoring, and Supervision conversations, in a safe and supervised environment.
- Review of learning and interim coaching practice.
- Sharing of best practice stories, successes and barriers faced.
- Using a coaching style of management, increasing ownership and accountability.
- Using coaching to enhance performance and raise awareness.
- Using coaching/mentoring to develop potential and performance.
- Using coaching to help move people through change.
- Creating a coaching culture – benefits, costs, and strategy.
- Benefits of coaching and mentoring for individuals, managers and the organisation.
- Potential individual, operation and organisational barriers and strategies to minimise or overcome them.
- Heron’s Interventions.
- Matching your style to the needs of the client.
- Developing your personal profile to position yourself as an effective executive coach or mentor.
- Co-supervised coaching sessions: Coaching, being coached and providing feedback.
- Know how to review and build the context, strategy, culture and processes for coaching and mentoring at a senior and
- strategic level
- Understand and analyse different coaching and mentoring models and their impact
- Learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of coaching and mentoring in an organisation
- Critically review your own communication skills, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and values, to assess your
- competence as a coach or mentor
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring contact with clients at a senior and strategic level
Impact for your employer:
- Implement coaching in complex working environments or at a senior and strategic level in your organisation
- Ensure that your organisation’s coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and
- ethical understanding they need
- Benchmark your organisation’s approach against the latest best practise
- Measurable impact from coaching and mentoring sessions carried out as part of this qualification
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.