Who should attend
- HR professionals planning to take the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam.
- HR practitioners seeking professional development to advance their careers or update their HR knowledge.
- HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability.
- For the SHRM-CP, HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders, deliver HR services, and perform operational HR functions.
- For the SHRM-SCP, HR professionals who develop strategies, lead the HR function, foster influence in the community, analyze performance metrics, and align HR strategies to organizational goals.
About the course
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) recently developed two new certification exams—The SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)—to recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success.
DePaul University now offers a certificate program to help HR Professionals prepare for these SHRM certification exams. The Human Resource Competencies Certificate: SHRM-CP and SCP Exam Preparation was designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM credentials. In this program, you will focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in an HR career today.
The new SHRM certifications will:
- Build on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Test the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrate that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
- Acquire comprehensive professional development
- Gain a generalist point of view
- Strengthen your understanding of core competencies
- Develop universal skills and practices that can be applied to any organization
- Prepare for the globally recognized SHRM certification exams
Knowledge Domain Details
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.