Who should attend
This OXFORD course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Specialists in resourcing, talent and succession, and L&D
- HR Business Partners
- Healthcare Managers with responsibility for talent management
- Senior Managers with responsibility for resourcing their department/division/business
- Senior Managers with responsibility for defining and developing organizational strategy
About the course
Attend this OXFORD training seminar, Human Resource Management for Healthcare Professionals, and gain the fundamental concepts that will help you manage the future of healthcare and the professionals who work in healthcare. This training seminar will provide answers to several important questions, the answers to which are an essential part of the successful healthcare provider of the future.
These questions include:
- If we value patient-oriented and empathetic employees, do our systems and processes help us identify them?
- If we want to retain our employees, do we know the factors related to employee turnover and retention?
- If we want our managers to help employees improve, do we train managers to conduct performance reviews and coach employees toward success?
- Human Resources will always be about people, acquiring, developing, and retaining the organization's human capital. The role that HR plays in today’s healthcare organization has become more complex. The most important of these roles involves strategically oriented activities, which, in turn, require strategic competencies.
This seminar will focus on the methods for increasing the probability of hiring competent people and of those people ably performing needed tasks after hire. Among the topics discussed will be:
- Determining the requirements for positions
- Recruiting and selecting qualified people
- Train and develop employees to meet future organizational needs
- Provide adequate rewards to attract and retain top performers
- Manage these activities within society’s legal constraints: legislation, regulation, etc
Healthcare is undergoing significant changes due to many factors, including rapidly changing technology, cost pressures, unprecedented consumer access to information, changing demographics, and the increased pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic. Change is a staple in any healthcare system; a recent Google search for “healthcare change” generated 602,000,000 results.
Human resources, the people part of the organization, is the bedrock of the healthcare organization. Even with the dramatic growth in health care jobs over the past decade, it is clear that we still suffer severe staffing shortages as the population ages. Communities all over the world are experiencing staffing shortages in all areas of the healthcare workforce. More than ever, healthcare workers are a scarce resource that we must nurture, develop, and treat with the utmost care.
By participating in the training seminar, you will learn:
- How to prepare and deal with staffing shortages?
- Calculating turnover rates and plans to reduce turnover
- Dealing with employee burnout
- Training and development requirements and keeping current with licensing
- Developing and implementing employee engagement activities
This training program will utilize various methods, including case studies, videos, other media, and PowerPoint slides, to communicate and deliver the course objectives. The program is interactive and will require participation in both small groups and with the entire audience.
The intensive use of labor and the variability of professional practice and individual performance requires that healthcare management focuses on factors that influence their employees' performance and the environmental and organizational aspects.
- Participate in developing the strategic alignment and orientation
- Develop a global, long-term, and forward-thinking skill set
- Align the organization's HR strategy by preparing the organization for change and focusing on the organization's human capital needs
- Support other functional areas in their strategic roles by acquiring and retaining necessary talent
- Reshape the administrative and operational roles of the HR function
By participating in this seminar, you will gain the knowledge needed to prepare your organization for the future. Healthcare organizations gain a competitive advantage by effectively managing their human resources. This competitive advantage may be in the form of cost leadership or product differentiation. Either choice is dependent on the effectiveness of their human resource systems.
The future belongs to healthcare managers who can improve organizational performance while managing change through engaged and committed employees. Sustainable competitive advantage through people can be achieved if you utilize the following concepts:
- The human resources of the organization improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
- The employees’ knowledge and skills are not equally available to competitors
- The human resources are difficult to copy or emulate
- The human resources are organized so that the talents can be combined and deployed as needed
- Being proactive rather than reactive
- Involving line managers in human resource planning activities
Strategic Human Resource Management
- Critical Success Factors for Strategic Planning and Management
- Strategic Planning and Management Process
- Systems Theory and Environmental Analysis Tools
- Defining Mission, Vision, and Values
- Aligning Budgets with Strategies
- Measuring Strategic Performance and Results
The Healthcare Profession
- Professionalization, licensing, and certifications
- Recruiting, engaging and retaining Nurses and Physicians
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals
- Healthcare Administration and how to effectively manage healthcare professionals
- Health Policy and Management
- The Changing Nature of Healthcare Professions
Structure of the HR Organization
- Role of Human Resources
- Developing an HR Service Culture
- HR’s Internal and External Stakeholders
- The HR Organization
- Demonstrating the Value of Human Resources
Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Organizational Development and Interventions
- Improving Organizational Performance
- Improving Team Performance
- Improving Individual Performance
- Workforce Management Planning and Strategies
- Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development Activities
The Future of Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Employment Relationship Strategy
- Dispute Resolution
- HR Technology Management
- Technology Risks and Opportunities
- HR Risk Management
- Diversity, Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility
- HR Ethics
OXFORD Certificate will be provided to the delegates who have successfully attended and completed the training programme
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.