Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is right for you if you’re a senior manager anywhere in the world and interaction with other people is a key element of your role.
- Senior executives whose success is determined by building relationships with colleagues, business partners and clients.
- Highly-skilled technical managers who need a boost to their interpersonal skills.
- CEOs, managing directors, general managers, sales and business development professionals, HR managers and lawyers.
About the course
Build the confidence and capabilities to lead people and communicate with them more effectively on this highly practical programme.
Get the best out of yourself and your people
People skills are crucial to personal and business success. Learn to develop effective business relationships, enhance your emotional intelligence and improve your ability to influence successfully even in a virtual setting.
Benefits for you
- Learn to develop strong, influential relationships with diverse groups.
- Motivate and inspire your people, and build successful teams that work together in harmony.
- Acquire critical coaching skills to help others realise their potential.
- Make better use of your unique attributes to be a truly authentic leader.
- Gain skills and tactics to confidently confront poor performance and difficult people.
- Learn how to empower and delegate, and influence others in situations where you have little control.
Benefits for your organisation
Gain a senior executive or manager with greater self-awareness, vision and team-building skills who can:
- Implement strategies and lead change more effectively.
- Achieve your organisation's vision through better conflict management and resolution capabilities.
- Build stronger relationships with key clients and partners.
- Develop more motivated teams and foster greater co-operation.
Personal insights. Coaching. Practice.
Sharpen your self-awareness and insight into yourself and others, and build your skills through a powerful combination of coaching and practice.
What you learn
- Self-knowledge: Bring out your own personality and trade on your strengths with greater confidence and effectiveness. Before joining the programme, you are asked to reflect on what you want to achieve during your five days, to identify your business challenges and any development areas. Complete a psychometric assessment to know yourself better, and discover how those who work with you view your leadership style through a 360 assessment.
- Insight into others: Unlock your abilities to create highly effective relationships, and fine-tune your approach to the unique biases and motives of your colleagues. Through research-based insights into the drivers of human behaviour, gain an awareness of others that enhances your emotional intelligence, enabling you to perform deep analysis of those who are vital to your success.
- Interpersonal problem-solving: Gain strategies and tools to influence and motivate people and, in a secure environment, test these techniques. Practise new patterns of behaviour through group work, role play situations and one-to-one coaching sessions, and acquire the tools to address specific challenges, drive new behaviours and achieve success through other people.
How you learn
- Each day is structured around gaining insights, practising skills, and reflecting on how to bring your learning back into your work context.
- Benefit from masterclasses led by expert coaches in four key areas: making an impact, coaching, emotional intelligence, and dealing with conflict.
- Work with an executive coach during and after the programme to embed your learning and maximise your impact at work through a bespoke action plan.
Your learning experience
- Thought-leader Thomas Mussweiler brings his own research and experience to life with real examples.
- Work with a breadth of different people from around the world. Experience the reality of co-operating and collaborating with a diverse group.
- Learn through faculty-led sessions, group work and one to one coaching.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Thomas Mussweiler is a professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School. He is an expert on the psychological foundations of organizational behaviour. More specifically, his interests include trust and cooperation, judgment and decision making, negotiation and influence, the self, ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.