Who should attend
Suitable for supervisors and managers interested in strategies for creating trusting, positive and productive teams.
About the course
Become a strong and effective leader by inspiring trust and empathy, managing attention, and building strong relationships.
- Use mindfulness to direct your attention.
- Access your internal wise advocate for decision-making.
- Tune into the intelligence of the heart.
- Attend to the emotional and mental state of others.
- Create psychologically safe environments that enhance trust.
- Build trusting relationships.
- Build positive relational energy to inspire, engage and motivate your teams.
- Lead from a heart-centred space in combination with a strategic head.
What is covered in the course?
- Why and how leading with the ‘head’ and ‘heart’ works.
- Using mindfulness and attention training to tune into the cardiac (heart)-brain.
- How to access the ‘wise advocate’ within for more effective decision-making.
- The power of empathy and attending to the mental state of others.
- The neurochemistry of trust.
- Building rapport and trusting relationships.
- Current research on relational energy to inspire, engage and motivate.
- Key practices of a HeartWise Leader.
How will I benefit?
Designed to help you improve self-awareness and gain an understanding of how others think, feel and behave – you will learn strategies to create trusting, positive and productive relationships.
Drawing on research in neuroscience, mindfulness and positive psychology, this course will provide you with time for personal reflection and engaging, interactive activities to build personal insights and practical skills.
How will my organisation benefit?
Not only will your organisation benefit from your new, enhanced leadership abilities, they’ll also benefit from a team happier with its leadership.
Nicola is a National Speaker and the founder and principal of her own speaking and training company. She specialises in personal leadership, powerful listening, presence and resilience models that integrate mind-based and heart-based strategies. A former pharmacist and university academic Nicola ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.