About the course
Do You Want to Be a Bad Boss?
Yeah, me too! And guess what, I AM! Now, for the first time ever, I’m sharing my easy step-by-step approach to alienating, infuriating and demoralizing the people you lead!
Join me, Gil Kaggis, as I share the secrets to my success in this tell-all AMA webinar!
This high-energy session explores the real-world business challenges of bad leadership through the lenses of two experts: Gil Kaggis, a fictional business guru and a self-taught leadership expert (played by Bob Kulhan) and Bob Kulhan, a Chicago-trained elite improv veteran, Adjunct Professor at Duke Fuqua, Author of Getting to "Yes And": The Art of Business Improv, and Founder and CEO of Business Improv® (also played by Bob Kulhan).
Bob will demonstrate the tenets of improvisation and how they can be used to improve communication in an incredibly entertaining and thought-provoking way.
You’ll discover how Business Improv® techniques strengthen a skill set directly related to team communication, collaboration, building trust, influence, alignment, conflict management, and creating a culture of acceptance.
Bob’s secret recipe combines the psychology behind decision-making with the very best aspects of Business Improv’s customized, high-energy, experiential learning, which drives measurable and sustainable results.
What you will cover
For 90 minutes, you’ll discover the good, the bad, and the ugly approaches to communicating with your employees, including: From Gil: Difficult Conversations
- How to blindside people and make any conversation feel like an attack
- The “art of the steamroll” – how to shut people down, alienate and/or otherwise ignore them in difficult conversations
- Nonverbal communication tactics to demonstrate judgment
- Fear – it’s better to be feared than get caught wearing someone else’s underwear
- Rigidity – the most powerful tool in any difficult conversation
- How to suffocate ideas, smother morale and suppress intrinsic motivation in others
From Bob: Difficult Conversations
- How to successfully engage in difficult conversations
- How to manage challenging conversations with success
- Meaningful and healthy debate – ways to disagree without being disagreeable
- Joint problem-solving solutions – communication & collaboration
- How to postpone judgment to integrate ideas quickly while balancing reactions thoughtfully
- So, if you feel anxiety when having the tough talks with your staff, join us to learn a powerful approach that turns stressful conversations into positive results.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to prepare for and carry out a difficult conversation
- Know how to use improv techniques to create an effective dialogue in a challenging situation
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.