Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is open to those seafarers who are required to have a basic knowledge of ships, maritime radio communication, and maritime safety.
About the course
This course provides professional mariners with a complete understanding of GMDSS theory and equipment. The course is designed to provide mariners with a comprehensive overview of radio and satellite communications as well as the proper and legal operation of marine radio communication equipment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Operate the equipment safely on board of a ship
- Properly communicate using those equipment, so that they know how to send the messages and how to receive the messages in distress
- Ability to use the English language, written and spoken, for the exchange of communication
- Understand the principles and basis features of the maritime mobile service
## Course Outline
- Principles of maritime radio-communications
- GMDSS communication systems
- Other GMDSS equipment
- Distress alerting
- Miscellaneous skills and operational procedures for general communications
- Assessment and discussion
- Equipment Overview
- Distress-Urgency-Safety Communications
- Routine Communications
- S. A. R. and Survival Craft Equipment
- VHF Equipment and Operations
- Satellite Equipment and Operations
- Maritime Safety Information
- MF-HF Equipment and Operations
- Equipment Testing and Maintenance
- Rules and Regulations
- Publications and Documents
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.