Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for employees in industrial, commercial, heavy road constructions as well as in manufacturing, petrochemical, oil and gas and utility general industry.
About the course
This Confined Space Safety course will allow the entrant, attendant, or supervisor to safely and confidently understand and evaluate the hazards and procedures associated with confined spaces. This training will help you to differentiate between a Permit-Required confined space and a Non-Permit-Required confined space. The course will address the hazards associated with confined spaces and it will outline the duties and responsibilities of all members of a confined space entry team, emergency rescue procedures, and plan development. In addition to confined space entry procedures and hazards, this course will discuss the need for appropriate personal protective equipment and the selection characteristics for each level of protection because the use of instrumentation for monitoring is also essential to any confined space operation, the instruction will address numerous types of direct-reading instruments, including their mode of operation and limitations of each type. This course will effectively fulfill the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.146 for confined space entry.
The Confined Space course provides information vital to anyone working in or around areas where the space is large enough and so configured that an employee can enter and perform assigned work, space has limited openings for entry or egress exist or the space is not designed for continuous human occupancy.
This course will discuss a brief introduction that highlights causes of mishaps, regulations pertaining to "confined space," minimizing risks associated with working in confined space, and mandatory training requirements. A discussion of conditions that contribute to hazards associated with confined spaces, introduction to evaluation and classification of confined space, description of employer responsibilities and explanation of permits and forms, “pre-entry” procedures, identification and description of required equipment and of atmospheric testing equipment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Provide awareness and general knowledge on Confined Space Safety
- Understand the hazards of confined spaces
- Recognize the OSHA safety standards for safeguarding confined space entries
- Acquire the duties and responsibilities of the confined space entry participants
- Achieve familiarity with atmospheric testing equipment and entrance equipment
CONFINED SPACE ENTRY TABLE
- OSHA Standard
- Basic Program
HAZARDS OF CONFINED SPACE
- Identifying a Confined Space Hazard
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Oxygen-Deficient Atmospheres
- Asphyxiating Atmospheres
- Flammable and Explosive Atmospheres
- Toxic Vapors and Gases
- Hazardous Atmospheres Chart
- Corrosive and Irritant Atmospheres
- Electrical and Mechanical Hazards
- Physical Safety Hazards Noise and Vibration
- Excessive Temperatures
- Other Confined Space Hazards
### Day 3
CONFINED SPACE CLASSIFICATIONS
- Pre-Entry Review and Documentation
- Written Programs
- Description of a Permit-Required Confined Space
- Approved Permit System
- Pre-Entry Permit Forms Entry Check List
- Entry Permit Functions
- Non-Permit Confined Spaces
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONFINED SPACE ENTRY
- Project Manager
- Field Leader
- Entry Supervisors
- Authorized Entrants
- Rescue Team Members
- Purpose of Atmospheric Testing
- Errors in Atmospheric Testing
- Monitor and Re-Test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.