Who should attend
This course will show you how to develop and adapt your international digital communications activities, so that they will be effective in the market you are targeting.
About the course
This highly interactive virtual course will help you implement digital marketing campaigns, using a wide range of digital channels from an international perspective. Using practical tips and case studies, the course will provide you with the knowledge you need to make your activity a success in a range of markets. You will join a group of fellow participants for 2 half-day sessions led by a highly experienced international digital marketing practitioner, who has worked in over 50 countries. Award-winning case studies, from both developing and developed countries, will be used throughout the training.
Session 1: Creating great content and driving people to it: Websites, Search Marketing, Customer Acquisition and Content Marketing
Session 2: Customer Engagement: Mobile Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Email Marketing
Website and SEO:
- How to optimise your website for different markets
- Understand the principles of search marketing
- Using search channels like Google, Baidu, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and Naver
- The principles of website design including user experience (UX)
- Learn the key metrics you should use for your website
- Understand the principles of Paid search advertising in channels like Google, Baidu, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and Naver
- Learn how to target display ads
- Discover how to target social media ads and which ad formats work the best, for each of the key global social media platforms
- Know how affiliate marketing works and when to use it
- Discover how to influence and select influencers
- Learn the characteristics of localised content and how to create it
- Showcasing campaigns that have won global awards for marketing integration
- Discover how to use video and YouTube
- Understand when and how to use blogging to develop thought leadership content
- Develop audio content using podcasting and music streaming channels, such as Spotify playlists
- Learn the latest global mobile marketing trends and statistics
- Discuss the impact mobile is having on search, web design, content channels and email marketing
- Discover when to use mobile apps and what how apps improve customer engagement
Social Media Marketing:
- How to create effective international social media campaigns
- Tools and techniques for measuring social media campaigns
- Top tips on how to use: Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, WhatsApp, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and WeChat
- Learn about social media channels from regions where the western channels are not used, like China and Russia (WeChat, QQ, VKontakte etc)
Email Marketing, Automation and CRM:
- International email marketing best practice and trends
- Learn how to improve targeting and segmentation
- Discover why and how to utilise greater personalisation
- Use marketing automation to make your comms more efficient
- Learn how to use analytics, profiling and predictive modelling
Nick Baggott FCIM FIDM has been a CIM Course Director for CRM & Digital for 7 years. He is MD of Navigate Consulting Ltd & works globally with clients like Google, Avon, EY, BP and Vodafone. He was formerly Group Client Service Director at Chemistry, having built the agency from start up ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.