Getting Things Done
Make Your Strategy Happen
When a business strategy fails, shortcomings are often exposed, not necessarily in the strategy itself but in its execution. The ability to make your strategy work is critical for business leaders and it is the overriding factor in determining a company’s long-term success. Unlock the mysteries behind strategy implementation and discover the essential factors that are crucial to bringing about the successful execution of business objectives.
- Lead successfully through strategy execution.
- Prepare your “taking-charge strategy” for your next assignment.
- Identify sources of power within your organization and use them to build influence.
- Map an organization’s political terrain to identify individuals critical for diffusing a strategy supportive culture.
- Enhance your performance by leveraging social networks.
Why IESE Recommends Making It Work Program
When a business strategy fails, shortcomings are often exposed - not necessarily in the strategy itself - but in its execution. The ability to make it work is critical for business leaders and it is the overriding factor in determining a company’s long-term success.
The “Getting Things Done” program is structured around the following topics:
- Taking Charge and Leading Strategy Execution
- Personal Characteristics That Build Influence
- Power: Why Some People Have It While Others Don’t
- Acting and Speaking With Power
- Making It Work: Change Pro-Simulation
- Visualizing Your Social Network
- Executing Strategy in a Global Environment
- Mastering Organizational Dynamics
- Strategy Execution Tools
- The Informal Organization
- Overcoming Resistance and Obstacles
- Wrap-Up and Conclusions
Highly dynamic and interactive, the “Getting Things Done” program combines a variety of teaching methods designed to foster an optimal learning environment. These methods include the case study method, lectures, group discussions and a computer simulation to hone your skills as an agent of change.
Who should attend
The “Getting Things Done” program is designed for senior executives with extensive management experience, especially those responsible for driving strategic change initiatives within their organizations.