Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The “Getting Things Done” program is designed for business leaders and senior decision-makers from both private and public sectors responsible for driving strategic change initiatives across their organizations. Using a highly practical approach, the program will empower participants to achieve corporate objectives by framing their decisions from strategic, operational and political perspectives.
About the course
When a business strategy fails, shortcomings are often exposed, not necessarily in the strategy itself but in its execution. The ability to make your strategy work is critical for business leaders and it is the overriding factor in determining a company’s long-term success.
Unlock the mysteries behind strategy implementation and discover the essential factors that are crucial to bringing about the successful execution of business objectives.
- Lead successfully through strategy execution.
- Prepare your “taking-charge strategy” for your next assignment.
- Identify sources of power within your organization and use them to build influence.
- Map an organization’s political terrain to identify individuals critical for diffusing a strategy supportive culture.
- Enhance your performance by leveraging social networks.
The “Getting Things Done” program is structured around the following topics:
- Taking Charge and Leading Strategy Execution
- Personal Characteristics That Build Influence
- Power: Why Some People Have It While Others Don’t
- Acting and Speaking With Power
- Making It Work: Change Pro-Simulation
- Visualizing Your Social Network
- Executing Strategy in a Global Environment
- Mastering Organizational Dynamics
- Strategy Execution Tools
- The Informal Organization
- Overcoming Resistance and Obstacles
- Wrap-Up and Conclusions
Live Online Edition Methodology
The program leverages a range of highly dynamic teaching methodologies, including group discussions, class lectures, exercises and the case method, all aimed at honing your skills as an agent of change. These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment.
The live online edition is 5 weeks.
On-Campus Edition Methodology
The program leverages a wide range of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methodologies, including group discussions, class lectures, exercises, the case study method and a computer simulation, all aimed to hone your skills as an agent of change. These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment. The on-site edition takes place on the school’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.