Who should attend
Marketing managers and executives responsible for data protection (GDPR) compliance. Also suitable for SME business owners and directors who wish to understand how to implement the GDPR for their organisation.
About the course
Now, more so than at any time before, marketers need to understand how to achieve the lawful, profitable and ethical use of personal data. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one of the most important pieces of legislation to affect marketers, globally. This course will look at the implementation of the GDPR, how to protect your company from litigation and fines and as a result, build more successful and profitable marketing campaigns.
- How to deliver successful, lawful, profitable and ethical marketing programs:
- Introduction to the GDPR and the six data protection principles
- Data capture – design compliant forms, web data capture devices and privacy policies
- Data sale/purchase – identify what you can and can’t buy, interpreting the Information Commissioner and other important EU Guidance
- Data sharing – build revenue opportunity through data sharing, co-op marketing, sponsorship etc.
- Data security – protect personal data and your reputation
- Email, SMS and direct mail campaigns – build better opt-ins lists, understand the soft opt-in and how B2B differs from B2C
Biography I am currently involved in developing software for statistical disclosure control (SDC). Disclosure may occur when sensitive information about an individual can be reliably inferred from a release of data (possibly by a private organisation, or by a statistical agency). This risk might ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.