Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This module is aimed at individuals who engage with data protection either at their companies or in a private context and wish to gain a deeper understanding of the topic. Whether their background is in IT, marketing, management or another area, they will expand their knowledge and feel more confident in handling data.
- Data protection specialists
- Newly appointed DPOs
- Compliance/legal professionals
- Information security specialists
- Risk management professionals
- Auditors and controllers
- Marketing managers and professionals
- Managing directors
About the course
In this interactive one-week programme, participants will learn the fundamentals and develop a comprehensive overview of data protection law and regulations. The learning is enhanced by looking at current issues and working on case studies as part of daily lectures and practical workshops. Expertise and self-confidence are increased when it comes to assessing data protection issues from different perspectives and discussing relevant challenges with experts.
This module is ideal in particular for those with a non-legal background who are interested in building a quick and solid foundation in the area of data protection and privacy law. This module can be booked as a single module.
Content & Faculty
- Essentials of privacy and data protection
- Introduction to Swiss data protection law
- Introduction to European data protection law
- Data protection principles and the legality of processing data, including consent
- Understanding GDPR and its emerging role in shaping international business
- Basic introduction to data and cyber security
Samir Aliyev is a courageous advocate for data privacy and cyber security . The exciting technological innovations and digitalization gives him an opportunity to design privacy and security into the global business process. Building sustainable privacy programs and finding pragmatic and business-...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.