Fire Fighting & SCBA Handling
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course is designed to train both offshore and onshore fire fighters with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively respond to a fire and the use of equipment using Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and introduce the key principles of safety, security and fire management, prevention and control at a primary management level and make delegates aware of and understand the vast range of topics involved in fire, safety and security.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the theory of fire and strategic methods of fire fighting
- Practice control measures and safety that can be used in firefighting using proper equipment such as the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and etc.
- Apply the theory and practical methods in using fire extinguishers, fire streams, SCBA and foam systems
- Perform rescue techniques or emergency actions for casualties
- Fire Science
- Tactical Fire Fighting
- Team Members & Leader
### Day 2
- Portable Fire Extinguishers (Theory & Practical)
- Fire Streams/Hose Handling (Theory & Practical)
- Foam and Foam Systems (Theory & Practical)
- Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) (Theory & Practical)
- Rapid Trauma Assessment/Casualty Recovery
- Live Fires
- XMAS Tree Fire
- Leaking Flange Fires
- Hydrocarbon Tank Fire and etc.
- Live Fires including Use of SCBA
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for fire fighters, team leaders and all personnel who will handle fire, safety and security management.