Financial Management for Non-Financial Executives
Gain the financial acumen to make smarter business decisions in an ever-changing, complex economy.
- Navigate financial challenges with your accounting and financial team, in partnership rather than dependence.
- Translate financial reports and cost analyses into meaningful feedback for your team.
- Connect silos to align organizational goals.
Become a more strategic leader, and expand your cross-functional influence, with a deeper understanding of finance.
- Build fundamental financial skills, including your ability to record business transactions, read financial reports, identify relevant cost information, budget and assess performance, and analyze working capital, discounted cash flow, and capital expenditures.
- Practice applying the details of balance sheets, income and cash flow statements, as well as interpret big-picture stories as told through financial data in annual corporate reports.
- Review typical models of cost allocation among units, products and services and spot how those models can be improved.
- Make decisions around pricing, cost-cutting and capital investment, and refine your ideas against real-life strategies and outcomes.
- This program emphasizes the application and understanding of financial information, not its preparation; no prior finance or accounting knowledge is necessary.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Fit key financial concepts into your corporate strategy.
- Identify areas for cost savings across your organization.
- Perform basic financial analyses to inform your day-to-day operations.
- Make data-driven comparisons between the performance of business sectors.
Who should attend
This program is designed for executives and managers who lack formal financial training and want to understand and implement key information without extensive number-crunching.